Borrowing the Club's - PAR Meter

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by lattehiatus, Mar 8, 2013.

1. Tenny

Tenny Supporting Member

I'll be back next week. I can bring it up to EPA if that helps.

2. neuro

neuro Webmaster

this weekend is my only time. i'll have to catch you in two weeks since i'll be on vacation until the week after.

3. Nav

Nav Director of Marketing & Photography

What is a PAR meter?

4. Tenny

Tenny Supporting Member

Ok, sorry about that. Next weekend I'll def help get it to you.

neuro likes this.
  5. Tenny

Tenny Supporting Member

Measures the "PAR" Value... this is a better article to help you understand: http://www.apogeeinstruments.com/aquarium-par-meters/

Basically we have certain known PAR values that corals like. With the par meter we can see what the values in our tanks are like and we can better place those corals in the tank knowing that it is getting enough light.

Nav likes this.
  6. tygunn

tygunn Webmaster

I'm in Cupertino and would be interested in quickly testing out my LED light setup now that I have it built.

7. Nav

Adding myself to the waitlist here. Who's got the PAR Meter right now?

8. Tenny

Tenny Supporting Member

I still have it.

neuro - When are you available? If we can't connect soon would you mind if I passed it along to someone that could bring it closer to you? (just a thought)

9. neuro

neuro Webmaster

tenny, damned, i'm going to be busy again, and won't be available until next weekend (june 28th)

@Navdeep you go ahead and pick it up if you'd like.

10. tygunn

tygunn Webmaster

However it works best for pickup is fine with me. I'm in Cupertino and wouldn't mind a go at some point. .

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

11. Enderturtle

Enderturtle Volunteer

Hmmmi want to borrow it eventually but i want to build my trust up first

12. neuro

neuro Webmaster

IMO as long as you're a supporting member, you have access to it.

13. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

According to the first post the requirements
    Seems supporting member = paid member = active member. Unsure about the exact language of "good standing" if it's just legalese to mean that your dues are paid up, or if you made a horrible chili that got everyone sick at a potluck you're no longer in good standing (FYI, my chili didn't get everyone sick :D)

denzil and neuro like this.
  14. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

Oh and just for kicks and giggles, I'd like to throw my name in the queue for the meter again, I took data in air at a fix distance, now I'd like to see lenses and farther from the tank vs no lenses and closer to the tank with all channels going.

15. Tenny

Tenny Supporting Member

So I think the order right now is:

1. Neuro
    2. tygunn
    3. Navdeep
    4. Enderturtle
    5. sfsuphysics
    (Not sure if Navdeep or tygunn is next as Navdeep asked what it is but didn't ask to be in line, while tygunn asked to be inline first.)

I'm in Mountain View (work) and Milpitas (home) and more than willing to meet at some place close (Neptunes (weekday/weekend), Reef Raft (weekend), etc) if that helps. I know Neuro has wanted it the longest but since he's unavailable if one of the next ones in line (tygunn or Navdeep) can test it and get it to him once he gets back would be best?

16. Nav

I asked for it in #67, after @tygunn

17. neuro

neuro Webmaster

sounds good to me.

18. Tenny

Tenny Supporting Member

Well it looks like tygunn and Navdeep are both pretty close (south bay). So hopefully they are faster than I was and they can both get it before neuro get's back.

19. tygunn

tygunn Webmaster

I work in Mountain View (google) and live in Cupertino. I could probably arrange to pick up on the weekend. Gives me an excuse to go to Neptune to get a few starter corals. Heh. . I should literally be able to use it in an evening. .

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

20. Tenny

Tenny Supporting Member

Ok, well your call.

I work right next to you (@ nasa) and I could bring it tomorrow to work and we can meet after or during some time.