Borrowing the Club's - PAR Meter

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by lattehiatus, Mar 8, 2013.

1. FeliciaLynn

FeliciaLynn Supporting Member

Can I get on the list? I'm thinking about upgrading my light and want to test my current PAR values.

2. BAYMAC

BAYMAC Guest

Just a FYI..

http://www.apogeeinstruments.com/aquarium-par-meters/

3. tygunn

tygunn Webmaster

Okay that would work too. How would it work best? Im assuming Nasa has a campus closed to external vehicles? What time are you at work and do you leave? . I'm an 8 - 430 kind of person myself.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

4. Tenny

Tenny Supporting Member

If you get off on moffet and go towards nasa, there's a huge white tent and a visitor center there (before any gates/guards). You can just park there and I can stop by.

I set my own schedule but the times i"m usually around is 9-5. We can just meet there after you get work around 4:30.

Ugh I typed the above yesterday but didn't send it I guess... Anyways I have it with me in the car if you are available.

5. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

You work at ARC? Sweet, I did a stint there for a year at the back end of college, worked with SIRTF, before they renamed it Spitzer.

6. Spoon

Spoon Guest

@tygunn, you work at Google? Sweet, my lady just quit there. :)

7. tygunn

tygunn Webmaster

Okay sure I can aim to meet there at around 4:30pm. I recall that visitor center. If you need to you can text/call me at 650-335-5469. I'll be in a white Subaru Foreter.

8. tygunn

tygunn Webmaster

Neat! I won't bother asking who since there are so many people here. :) Heh. I'm in Android Apps.

9. bluprntguy

bluprntguy Webmaster

I'm not sure where the PAR meter is in the que, but I'd like to get hold of it after Felicia. I seem to be burning the crap out of everything in my tank and it would be nice to know exactly how much I should turn my lights down...

10. Tenny

Tenny Supporting Member

Yup, been here for 10 years in September. Started when I was at De Anza (and then CSU Ebay). I work on robotics projects and robotics outreach.

So tygunn has the meter now (Wednesday).

I guess it's either Navdeep or neuro gets it next (depending on if Neuro is back before tygunn finishes using it).

1. neuro
    2. Navdeep
    3. Enderturtle
    4. sfsuphysics
    5. FeliciaLynn
    6. Bluprntguy

11. Nav

Nav Director of Marketing & Photography

@tygunn lives two streets away from me, so might make sense for me to use it before Alfred (else it has to go 25mi north and back south) ;)

Alfred u ok with that?

12. tygunn

tygunn Webmaster

I've made my readings at this point so I think it can move on to next in line. Definitely a fun toy.

13. tygunn

tygunn Webmaster

Hey I'm done so whomever is next we should arrange to get it moving on so I'm not a holdup.

14. Spoon

Spoon Guest

No worries! She was in FinOps. She loved it there, and was there for years. Just another opportunity came along, ya know? Cool!

15. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

Yes please. There's quite a list of people wanting to use it, and if 1 week usage turns to 2 weeks, turns to 3 weeks then it's going to take quite a while to zip through the list. Lets try to be honest about lending this thing out.

Not sure who is next, as I don't know if it's Neuro (going by the list Tenny posted) but lets speak up and get this thing moving, or skip onto the next person if he doesn't speak up in a reasonable amount of time. (who knows if he went on vacation or what not... he did didn't he?)

16. tygunn

tygunn Webmaster

It's an awesome tool and I think everyone should have the chance to utilize it for sure!
    I'm in Cupertino and work in Mountain View, so I can make arrangements for whomever is on the list next.

17. Nav

I'm going to pick up the PAR meter from @tygunn tomorrow. Since I'm just a few blocks away, I think it's best... else @neuro will have a lot of driving to do :)

18. neuro

neuro Webmaster

woo sorry i didn't even see this quote since you didn't use the @ tag: @neuro .

Anyhow, I'm in no rush to use this. if you guys want to finish up a south bay tour, i can always meet up the last person up.

19. bluprntguy

bluprntguy Webmaster

From what I gather, the list is now as follows (I've added people's location):

1. @neuro (?)
    2. Navdeep
    3. tygunn
    4. Enderturtle (San Mateo)
    5. @sfsuphysics (SF)
    6. @FeliciaLynn (Berkley)
    7. @Bluprntguy (SF)
    So, maybe it could work it's way up to SF area by way of San Mateo?

Neuro, I couldn't find your location, but assuming you are SF or East Bay based on your responses.

20. Nav

bluprntguy likes this.