Borrowing the Club's - PAR Meter

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by lattehiatus, Mar 8, 2013.

1. Nav

Nav Director of Marketing & Photography

2. neuro

neuro Webmaster

i'm going to try to pick it up from nav this week.

3. Nav

Alfred, or you could get it from me when we meet this Friday to pick up the RFA GB...

4. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

Alright it's been almost 3 weeks since it was supposed to be lent out, what's the status of it? who has it?

5. Nav

The PAR meter was passed on to Alfred when we met at Haywayrd (last Thursday) to pick up the rock flower nems...

6. neuro

neuro Webmaster

Still using it. got some values down already, but my temps are hitting 82 degrees so i haven't been able to get readings with my MH on.

7. neuro

neuro Webmaster

8. neuro

neuro Webmaster

Hey BTW, I wanted people to know the exact calculations you need to perform after measuring your lights:

http://www.apogeeinstruments.com/aquarium-par-meters/

At the bottom, it specifically states how much sampling error it has. You should adjust your reading/values accordingly.

I will add this to the initial/first post if enough people request it.

9. bluprntguy

bluprntguy Webmaster

neuro likes this.
  10. sfsuphysics

Also depends what you're using it for. I want to check out the differences between my LEDs with lenses and without, so the actual accuracy of the PPFD number is unimportant to me, but knowing how many times stronger the light is between fixtures, or how many times brighter it is on the top of one rock versus the bottom, etc.

Also the 64 dollar question is out there... did the meter get exchanged to the next person yet? Perhaps at the swap which would have been a great place to do it for all parties involved?? ;)

11. bluprntguy

bluprntguy Webmaster

The meter was left at the swap and enderturtle was already gone, so I have it now. I'm already done, so I dropped him a PM to see when i could hand it off to him since he was supposed to be next, I think.

12. sfsuphysics

Well if he's not available let me know, I'll need it for a day or 2 tops.

13. neuro

neuro Webmaster

Ok now this made my heart skip a beat. I personally gave it to him. I'm glad you picked it up!

14. sfsuphysics

ooh ouch.

A gentle reminder of when the meter has been passed off to you, you are financially responsible for it, should be mentioned ;)

lattehiatus likes this.
  15. aqua-nut

aqua-nut Supporting Member

And let it be known the meter is about $350!

lattehiatus likes this.
  16. neuro

neuro Webmaster

17. Enderturtle

Enderturtle Volunteer

Blueprintguy has it and will be passing it on to me when we can meet up.

18. I'd like to be put on the list to borrow the PAR meter, please. I just picked up my A360WE's today...gotta see what these babies've got.

19. FeliciaLynn

FeliciaLynn Supporting Member

You guys can take me off the list. I don't really think I need it anymore.

20. neuro

neuro Webmaster