Kessil

Bottom-Drilled Overflow Design

My new tank will be flush against the wall, which means there will be no room for bulkheads on the back. This also means I need three holes on the bottom of the tank (open drain line, drain line with valve, and return line).

I can't quite decide how I want to do the box itself, though. Currently the tank has a corner box which I don't like much because you can see into the overflow from the side of the tank. I could do a coast-to-coast box but I'd need pipes going up to it. I might be able to mostly hide the pipes with rockwork and if they're black they won't be too visible against the black background.

I could also do an overflow box in the middle of the tank, I guess. That might be the least visually obtrusive, but it would take more space than individual pipes.

Any suggestions?

Overflow box in the middle that opens up into a coast to coast up on top?

Make the box just big enough for the bulk heads so you don't lose too much space.

:D

[quote author=Mr. Ugly link=topic=4788.msg58211#msg58211 date=1223607153]
Overflow box in the middle that opens up into a coast to coast up on top?

Make the box just big enough for the bulk heads so you don't lose too much space.

:D
[/quote]

Hmm. That's not a bad idea... I think I'll try drawing something like that up and see how it goes.

thanks!

Back