Boun's 120 gallons Journal

Discussion in 'Tank Journals' started by boun11, Jan 8, 2010.

1. boun11

boun11 Supporting Member

I thought I would post a picture of the current tank before the tear down this Saturday:

[​IMG]

2. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

Looks like I'll have to bow out of this, while I initially thought the car was the issue, I found out I might have to work at the farmer's market for my wife because she has a baby shower to go to! Gah!!!! Doesn't she know this is the same thing, this is a tank shower !!

3. boun11

boun11 Supporting Member

The tank switch went well! I was not able to update anything yesterday because I spent all day Saturday on my fish tank, so yesterday was family time. I took my kids to the Academy of Sciences for the day :)--I guess it's still fish related right? ;)

It was a hectic day but went smoothly with a few road bump. All of the corals look fine and the fishes are swimming. Here are a few pictures of the current tank. I was not able to scape the rock work because the new water (Aquavitro) was still cloudy. I mixed the water over night. I should have mixed it two days before. I will take more fancy pictures when I'm off tomorrow. :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

Looks good Boun!! Well except for those stupid clownfish hosting in your clam :D

5. bee505

bee505 Supporting Member

Looking good Boun. Looks like you had no problem fitting everything back in there. The cabinet doors look awesome.

6. boun11

boun11 Supporting Member

Yes, but most likely getting rid of some live rocks :)

7. Kensington Reefer

Kensington Reefer Supporting Member

Things cleared up nicely. I don't see the female bellus in any of the photos... And I still forgot your magazine!!!

8. boun11

boun11 Supporting Member

It's in there! :)
    [​IMG]

9. The black bottom gives the tank an ultra modern feel. Any plans to add sand back?

Thanks for the snacks and hospitality, Boun! Sorry for taking off so soon after delivering the saltwater, you and the gang had already done all the heavy lifting (so to speak).

10. Kensington Reefer

Kensington Reefer Supporting Member

She must have shrunk...being able to hide behind that perc!
    :)

11. dknydiep

dknydiep Guest

Looks good, Boun. I'm assuming you're the same one from SFbaaps. This is Jimmy D. I've finally joined the SW side lol.

12. boun11

boun11 Supporting Member

Yup Jimmy! Welcome to BAR. Here is an update phone picture! I moved the rocks back to make room in the middle. This is not my aquascape at all :)

[​IMG]

13. boun11

boun11 Supporting Member

Here are some update pictures of the tank:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. yardartist

yardartist Guest

Pictures that clear means someone is keeping the plexi cleaned. Nice!

15. gimmito

gimmito Supporting Member

Tanks looking good Boun !

16. boun11

boun11 Supporting Member

Thanks Jim! Still playing around with the layout and contemplating about the SPS. I might just go with softies and lps for easy keeping because of time and having two young children (3.5 and 2 year old)

17. 99sf

99sf Guest

Looks great, Boun. Who needs more SPS with such beautiful LPS colonies?

18. kungfujoe

kungfujoe Guest

Nice progress

19. boun11

boun11 Supporting Member

Went to discovery day at the Romberg Tiburon Center today and had to upload some pictures. I took a quick FTS of my tank. It looks like I'm going to keep SPS after all. They are slowly coloring up for me again.

[​IMG]

20. boun11

boun11 Supporting Member

Here is an update FTS taken by a friend:

Within the next few week I will be switching out the 12x54watts T5 to 3 AI units. I'll update some pictures when it's up :)

[​IMG]