Kessil

Boun's reef tank Journal

At one point, I was going to convert this tank into a planted tank because my sps were not doing well. Then I agree to host an East Bay Tank tour. Now, I decided to convert this tank into softies and hard to kill LPS :). Here is the current picture of the tank. It is a mess I am still working on to make it looks nice before the tank tour.

I have two that is moving back and forth. From my experience, once they are settled to a place they like they will stay there.

Yeah, for me, they'll stay where they're at unless they are disturbed by other things. For example, my Blue Ochtodes are encroaching on my two RBTAs' territory so one just recently moved into a better location.

wow! It has been a year since I updated this build. My tank doesn't look anything like that anymore. It doesn't matter since I will be downgrading to an Elos 120 (90 gallons) soon. More pictures to follow within the next few weeks!

Here is a list of the equipments:

Elos 120
40 gallon breeder for sump
BK250 Skimmer (I know it's a monster but we will see if it will work for my tank)
1 Hydra 52 and 2 Vega colors
Apex controller
Kore 5th doser with Automatic water changing module (still waiting for this one)
DC 3500 return pump
3 Tunze 6055 controlled by Apex (I might switch back to vortech)

I might need a few hands with the switch just in case anyone is free within the next few week :)

Finally starting the tank switch process. Here is what the tank looks like right now. It's a mess!

Cycling some man-made rock with some of my live rock from my tank. There are more live rock in there now:

Here is a picture of my new tank:

More pictures to come as I continue with the switch. I am planning to let the rock cycle for a week or 2 before tearing down my old tank. The corals and fish will be in the rubbermaid container until the new tank is cycle for a week.

Looks good Boun11.I had to do three moves with my previous tanks and just recently a tank swap. Each time i told myself it will only take 2 hours and then i would add an hour after each move and now i pretty much came to the conclusion that it takes a whole day. Let me know if you need help with the move. If its an off day for me i can drop by and assist. Always down to help a fellow reefer and learn something new.

Looks good Boun11.I had to do three moves with my previous tanks and just recently a tank swap. Each time i told myself it will only take 2 hours and then i would add an hour after each move and now i pretty much came to the conclusion that it takes a whole day. Let me know if you need help with the move. If its an off day for me i can drop by and assist. Always down to help a fellow reefer and learn something new.

Thanks Anh! I'll let you know when the final switch will be. I definitely need help for sure.

Back