Cali Kid Corals

BP oil did the damage to our sea... Are you upset about it? I am!

It is a big company. You are right, Someone really need to go to jail for this huge catastrophe event.

I don't know where they get there gas from, I don't purchase any other brand like BP gas, but only purchase Shell.

tuberider said:
GreshamH said:
I dunno about bankrupting them, but some will go to jail and the company will be paying a hefty sum of money. I think if we bankrupted them, the UK and Us wouldn't be as close. BP is like what, the 5th largest company on the planet?

I hope they can spare at least a trillion then, because cleanup costs are going to be well over that amount.

GreshamH said:
Isn't Safeway and Cosco gas from BP?

IIRC yes, so's most of Shell gas, which is ironic, at least around here, because Arco is the cheapest and Shell is by far the most expensive :~
nanocube-guy said:
It is a big company. You are right, Someone really need to go to jail for this huge catastrophe event.

I don't know where they get there gas from, I don't purchase any other brand like BP gas, but only purchase Shell.

Jeremy just got done saying Shell is mainly BP gas...

tuberider said:
Yep, we're gonna bankrupt them (hopefully).

Boycott Arco too while you're at it, unless of course you want to use blood oil for fuel.

They're more likely to get taken over than to go bankrupt

Scratch that, BP is the fourth largest company on the face of the planet. I doubt they go bankrupt or get taken over. They'll weather this and go onto do more damage.

GreshamH said:
Scratch that, BP is the fourth largest company on the face of the planet. I doubt they go bankrupt or get taken over. They'll weather this and go onto do more damage.

Yup. This isn't their first mess. The problem with BP is that it's an entire culture geared towards profits. Yeah sure all oil companies are but BP has taken it to another level. The other recent spill was in Alaska, a few years back. They changed CEO's to push for more safety standards and such but it's impossible to change the company from the ground up if managers and their minions are used to operating a certain way. I think the current CEO has genuinely tried to change the culture of the company but it's just not going to happen when you have every other tier of management used to operating the old way.

Bankruptcy won't happen but there is a shimmer of chance for a takeover :) When a company has 35-40% of its value evaporated in a matter of weeks, it's a prime takeover target. Unlikely, but possible. So who has a couple billion laying around? I know someone does $) RDS (Shell) operates globally along the same lines as BP and has the capital

iCon said:
GreshamH said:

Yup. This isn't their first mess. The problem with BP is that it's an entire culture geared towards profits. Yeah sure all oil companies are but BP has taken it to another level. The other recent spill was in Alaska, a few years back. They changed CEO's to push for more safety standards and such but it's impossible to change the company from the ground up if managers and their minions are used to operating a certain way. I think the current CEO has genuinely tried to change the culture of the company but it's just not going to happen when you have every other tier of management used to operating the old way.

Bankruptcy won't happen but there is a shimmer of chance for a takeover :) When a company has 35-40% of its value evaporated in a matter of weeks, it's a prime takeover target. Unlikely, but possible. So who has a couple billion laying around? I know someone does $)

Last I head it was down a grand total of 30% (-75 billion) so on the open market you'd need oh, $150+ billion to buy them out :lol: That is a lot of dough....

GreshamH said:
Last I head it was down a grand total of 30% (-75 billion) so on the open market you'd need oh, $150+ billion to buy them out :lol: That is a lot of dough....

I just need to sell a few frags :p

iCon said:
Gresh, didn't you mention that you had a few pallets of gold bars in your basement?! Time to unload!

:( I wish given the price of gold now

Gresham, just wait. The banks are sitting on billions of t-bills (all the TARP money that didn't go to buying other banks) and reserves are well above their standard 10%. When the banks do start lending (t-bills pay almost no interest, which is better then losing money on mortgages, but does not make you money) the velocity on that cash will pick up. The money supply increase since 2006 is unbelievable! I love this chart....

Attached files /attachments/sites/default/files/ED-AJ638A_laffe_NS_20090609175213_0.gif

The government sent an official to inspect the offshore rig not to long before the spill and that person's job was to make sure the rig was safe. I am almost certain that that person passed the offshore rig as safe. Also there is a guy who made this stuff that "eats" the oil, but the government won't fund him.

Nudi, there are tons of naturally occurring and bacteria that eat oil. It isn't a new idea. Most people just may not know about it. My guess is that they won't fund him because there is nothing new to fund or nothing to gain with the funding etc.

Gomer said:
Nudi, there are tons of naturally occurring and bacteria that eat oil. It isn't a new idea. Most people just may not know about it. My guess is that they won't fund him because there is nothing new to fund or nothing to gain with the funding etc.

U suspect this as well. If it would work they'd fund it in a heart beat. The government wants this over with just as much as anyone else, maybe even more.

is this true? before Obama take the seats, Bush didn't let BP drill in the Gulf, but since Obama sat down, he let BP drill.

Obama kick some butts~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4x7lU-cadv4

Back