Cali Kid Corals

Brandie's 210 Upgrade

Wow! That worked great! Such an improvement over that first photo.

Do you guys own the glass polisher? I'm realizing the used aquarium I got today has a ton of hard water spots that are not wanting to come out no matter what I do. I'm wondering if I should try this on my new tank.

Denzil actually owns the rotary. He said that he'd polish it for you :) LoL!! Polish for frags??? He owns it because he's also a professional autodetailer, so he's got all that fun stuff :) but hey, let's get together and do it! :D It be fun!

John, yes, all that is on the inside of the tank. We think it's because Oakherst has super hard water, and he let it sit there for a while, and because it's so hard, it ended up etching it?? Not sure, but the pictures do not do the damage justice. It looked really bad, and was hard to see on the inside. Denzil may polish the outside to get rid of any scratches if it needs it. I mean, we have the stuff to do it, and, I figured that if the tank needs some TLC, we better do it, before we have animals that rely on it for a habitat. Much easier now, than it would be after it's all set up.

More pictures to come later! Denzil finished the whole front panel earlier, but we had some plans for tonight, so that's been put on hold until later this weekend. :)

Denzil actually owns the rotary. He said that he'd polish it for you :) LoL!! Polish for frags??? He owns it because he's also a professional autodetailer, so he's got all that fun stuff :) but hey, let's get together and do it! :D It be fun!

That would be amazing! I could definitely pay Denzil in frags! Maybe sometime next weekend? This tank is easy to move, so I could put it in my car and bring it to you guys so you don't have to drive up to me. Do you guys still have plenty of the cerium oxide, or would I need to buy some more? I spent all day today trying to get the hard water spots off this new tank that had been sitting dry for a long time down in San Jose. They are not getting any better so I think we're in the same boat. You guys are awesome!

That would be amazing! I could definitely pay Denzil in frags! Maybe sometime next weekend? This tank is easy to move, so I could put it in my car and bring it to you guys so you don't have to drive up to me. Do you guys still have plenty of the cerium oxide, or would I need to buy some more? I spent all day today trying to get the hard water spots off this new tank that had been sitting dry for a long time down in San Jose. They are not getting any better so I think we're in the same boat. You guys are awesome!

Plenty of cerium oxide left over :) are you going on the Kessil tour? That's what we planned on doing on Saturday, but if that doesn't take all day, maybe afterwards? I need to check with my sis though, because I may be watching my neice, and if I am, then we will probably pass on the tour.... I'll let you know. :) But it would be fun!! We can BBQ, talk and BS and watch Denzil work... LMAO jkjk ;) It shouldn't take that long since he's really good at using the tools because it's similar to detailing. :)

I'll let you work out the frag thing with him, since he's funny about the corals he gets and I have no idea what he wants. ^.^

All in all, if Saturday doesn't work and we get out of the tour too late, then Sunday will work for us as well if it works for you :D

Plenty of cerium oxide left over :) are you going on the Kessil tour? That's what we planned on doing on Saturday, but if that doesn't take all day, maybe afterwards? I need to check with my sis though, because I may be watching my neice, and if I am, then we will probably pass on the tour.... I'll let you know. :) But it would be fun!! We can BBQ, talk and BS and watch Denzil work... LMAO jkjk ;) It shouldn't take that long since he's really good at using the tools because it's similar to detailing. :)

I'll let you work out the frag thing with him, since he's funny about the corals he gets and I have no idea what he wants. ^.^

All in all, if Saturday doesn't work and we get out of the tour too late, then Sunday will work for us as well if it works for you :D

I do plan to go on the Kessil tour, so if you're free that day afterwards then that would work perfect for me. Otherwise, I have no plans for that Sunday yet so that would be fine as well. Sounds like fun! Denzil and I can talk at the tank tour tomorrow and see what he wants frags of and I can cut them for him. I've got plenty of zoas I can cut right now and I also have a few other random things. This tank is a lot smaller than a 210, so it shouldn't take too long to polish it. I just don't have the tool for it, so you guys are awesome for helping me out with this! :)

I do plan to go on the Kessil tour, so if you're free that day afterwards then that would work perfect for me. Otherwise, I have no plans for that Sunday yet so that would be fine as well. Sounds like fun! Denzil and I can talk at the tank tour tomorrow and see what he wants frags of and I can cut them for him. I've got plenty of zoas I can cut right now and I also have a few other random things. This tank is a lot smaller than a 210, so it shouldn't take too long to polish it. I just don't have the tool for it, so you guys are awesome for helping me out with this! :)

Yep, we'll chat about this later today. Happy to help another member! :)

So, it was really gratifying to see Felicia's tank before Denzil polished it, and then after! Gave me lots of hope, LOL.

Felicia did say that she filled her tank up with water, and she was able to see it clearly with water in the tank, so I am glad that we did decide to do this rather than put water in it, then hope that it didn't show, haha. Polishing the tank has also revealed the true condition of the tank, and so far, it's been pretty scratch free. There were a couple of small-ish scratches on the right side of the tank, but nothing huge. He's almost done polishing the sides, so then we'll flip the tank and he'll work on the back. Hopefully it'll be on the stand soon!

Denzil hard at work polishing the front of the tank! We lifted it up and realized that there were some spots that needed more TLC.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1374468279121.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1374468279121.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 206
Current pic of the 90. Had to put the clowns in the nursery because they wouldn't leave the hippo alone. Good thing this tank is going up soon. :) Everyone is more than ready for more room to swim.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    294.5 KB · Views: 222
Yeah, I'm really glad you guys didn't just go ahead and put water in the 210. I tried that with my 30 gallon (much easier to test than a 210) and those hard water etched spots definitely stilled showed. The 210 is looking good! Glad Denzil got more of the polishing done. I can't wait to see it on the stand with some water in it!

Yeah, I'm really glad you guys didn't just go ahead and put water in the 210. I tried that with my 30 gallon (much easier to test than a 210) and those hard water etched spots definitely stilled showed. The 210 is looking good! Glad Denzil got more of the polishing done. I can't wait to see it on the stand with some water in it!

Me too! It's going to be a pretty amazing tank. It's making me want a bigger tank, haha.

Back