Breaking down 20g

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell, Trade' started by Cymen, Nov 22, 2016.

1. Cymen

Cymen Guest

I'm moving so unfortunately I'm breaking down my setup for a while. Preference given to whoever will take everything so let's see if there are any takers. Price is $0 as in free.

Equipment

* 20 gallon high tank used as display
    - drilled for Glassholes 40g overflow kit w/ one large return and 2 small incoming
    - just the tank, no overflow, etc

* 10 gallon tank used as sump
    - has acrylic dividers but you'll want to silicone them in fresh, not glued in right now
    - no holes drilled, not sure if any scratches if you wanted to use it as display

* 5 gallon tank used as hospital tank
    - has acrylic internal divider with overflow and return

* unopened bag of CaribSea Fiji Pink

* massively overbuilt stand - first dibs goes to anyone who takes the above tanks
    - built to fit the above tanks (so 20g high on top, 10g sump below)
    - really heavy but super sturdy -- 10g sump can be removed
    - includes cement mixing trough that I put the whole stand inside of to catch any leaks/drips
    - includes metal arm bent to support light from above
    - only the stand -- I'm taking off the DJ power switch

I'm taking all the smaller bits and pieces with me (overflow, skimmer, light, etc).

Livestock

Free but preference given to someone who will take the whole thing including the stand. Feel free to post to get in line.

* 2 clowns -- one is very healthy, other gets beat upon by the healthy one and seems skinny
    * 4 blue legged hermit crabs
    * 1 red/bigger hermit crab

I was going to try putting the clowns in the hospital tank and treating them for parasites just in case that was why the smaller one is skinny and sometimes muted in coloration (it definitely gets beat upon a bit by the big one). Maybe in a bigger tank, it would become clearer if they were potential future mates or want to go live by themselves.

Other

The whole setup is up and running right now. There is one bag of CaribSea Fiji Pink stand in the tank and there is some rubble in the sump. It's up for grabs if anyone wants to take it to kick start a new setup (you can take some water too of course, bring buckets).

Photos up tomorrow but see my build thread for photos. Post #36 has photos of stand.

http://www.bareefers.org/forum/threads/cymens-20g-tall.17739/page-2

Last edited: Nov 22, 2016
  2. Flagg37

Flagg37 Officer at large

I was thinking about you just the other day since you haven't posted in quite a while.

reef_2005 likes this.
  3. Cymen

Cymen Guest

Yeah, I'm bummed about it. I was getting ready to try some beginner corals. I think I finally got it all stable only to need to break it down. But hopefully, I'll be able to try again in the future.

4. Cymen

Cymen Guest

Updated pricing to free :).

5. Cymen

Cymen Guest

It's spoken for -- I'll update if it falls through but happy someone is going to make use of it!

6. Cymen

Cymen Guest

Tanks, stand and livestock are gone and in good hands.

Totally unrelated, if you happen to be looking for anything, we're trying to sell all our stuff. You can take a look at:

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/search/sss?userid=2649958

No fun reef/fish stuff though :(.

7. roostertech

roostertech reef noob

Sweet desk. I wish I could fit that somewhere

8. Cymen

Cymen Guest

It's beautiful! I wish I could move it and use it but we decided to go the "sell almost everything" route which is tiring but hopefully it'll be less stressful in the end! Hopefully, I'll find another like it or just build on in the future. But I'll talk myself up to solid wood and all that so it'll be more expensive! That metal hardware is seriously hard core though. Heavy and solid.