got ethical husbandry?

Brick Red Chalice

[quote author=LeviTillie link=topic=4214.msg52251#msg52251 date=1218679115]
(1.024 if Normans control is right)
[/quote]

Uh thanks.

No bottles for you!

1st of all, I don't trust the alk test since it's not a titration test, that just looks like the closest color.

2nd, the frag wasn't much better the day I brought it home even before dipping and aclimating (not blaming that on you Sergio, it had a rough day and has been getting worse so my tank may not be helping it)

3rd, I wasn't knocking you Norm, I was just saying I thought my water was 1.026 until I used your calibration fluid so if anything I was pointing the finger at my refractometer being off, not you :)

Yup Norm, I tested your solution to some pinpoint 53.0mS calibration fluid. I had to double check it, jk. Its exactly the same.

levi .....if after you get alk back up and the frag does'nt improve by the next bar meeting , let me know , i have another frag and so far its looking really good. i will gladly give you this one at the meeting , just let me know.

sergio

Thanks. I'll pick up a test tomorrow to make sure. I've done well with all my other LPS's to date so I have my hopes up.

[quote author=LeviTillie link=topic=4214.msg52265#msg52265 date=1218684564]
1st of all, I don't trust the alk test since it's not a titration test, that just looks like the closest color. [/quote]

Well, check your alk test with the 3.8meq/l alk standard that got passed out at the swap. That's what it's for :D

[quote author=LeviTillie link=topic=4214.msg52265#msg52265 date=1218684564]3rd, I wasn't knocking you Norm, I was just saying I thought my water was 1.026 until I used your calibration fluid so if anything I was pointing the finger at my refractometer being off, not you :)[/quote]

Hehe... I'm a pyromaniacal chem and science geek from way back. I had no choice. That what happens to overweight, glasses wearing, no friend having, last one picked for kickball playing, only asian kids at school :D

When my boss talks to me at work, he says, "You and your friend, Ted Kaczynski..."

Anyways, I geeked out on the swap chem goodies. There shouldn't be any problems with them :D

So what do think, safe to start moving it into the light? It's filling back in nicely and I saw a hint of sweepers before I disturbed it to take this picture.
chalicebrickred2.jpg

Don't go too crazy with it Levi, they don't like a lot of light, and once they bleach it's hard to get them to color back up ;)

Mine is doing quite well ;D thanks Sergio!

Don't worry, I was just referring to getting out from the shaded area. I plan on leaving it a few inches off the bottom for a while.

I'm going to pick 3. BUT...I want to get a picture of a chalice that I have to compare which might be the same. It was purchased as Brick Red Chalice from Tyree at the BACFM. And I am running a 250 radium over a 40g, but the tank has many different light zones (dedicated frag tank). Tank has been running sorta for 1.5y but also only 5 months. (I moved and re-setup and expanded from the 14BC + 10g frag to a dedicated 40g frag)

If nobody is going to chime in.... (same caveat as other piece.. although I can swing by too Bryan if I can't make Saturday).. although if someone else wants in, just put me in line for either or, don't want to see too greedy here :)

Back