Kessil

Bright green polyp encrusting monti....

Hello Bar members this is my first entry into the dbtc.. I've received a few frags from members and would like to contribute back..

Pretty easy encrusting monti.. One of my first sps pieces.. Fast grower with stable alkalinity and calcium..
Had it originally growing under 150mh 14,000k. Now its under 20,000k 250mh.. Colour has stayed pretty stable.. Base colour is brownish orange.. It's really hard to see under all of the polyps though.. I have 2 frags right now.. Here is a pic..

fragpics030-1.jpg

My current tank parameters are as followed:
kh 9-10
calc 450-470
Ph 7.95-8.01
temp 78 F

[quote author=fishnfst link=topic=2099.msg20708#msg20708 date=1180847836]
Hello Bar members this is my first entry into the dbtc.. I've received a few frags from members and would like to contribute back..

Pretty easy encrusting monti.. One of my first sps pieces.. Fast grower with stable alkalinity and calcium..
Had it originally growing under 150mh 14,000k. Now its under 20,000k 250mh.. Colour has stayed pretty stable.. Base colour is brownish orange.. It's really hard to see under all of the polyps though.. I have 2 frags right now.. Here is a pic..

My current tank parameters are as followed:
kh 9-10
calc 450-470
Ph 7.95-8.01
temp 78 F

[/quote]
WoW!!! that's a nice green.I would like to get one too ;)

zepplcok, nash and Perry are you guys going to be at the meeting on saturday? Let me know.. If you are I'll pm you my cel number and we can meet up before the meeting..

All three pieces are spoken for at this time..

[quote author=Mr. Ugly link=topic=2099.msg20737#msg20737 date=1180944283]
I've seen this one in person. This is a very nice monti. The base looks like it might go orange in bright light :D
[/quote]

I can see that happening with this coral. Under 14k lighting you can really see the orange base. Here's the monti under 14k lighting...almost looks like a sunset.
D2X_7616.jpg

Looks good Eric.. I knew I gave it to you for a reason :) That little tiny piece looks huge in your pic :) Hopefully it will colour up more for you...

[quote author=sfsuphysics link=topic=2099.msg20772#msg20772 date=1181008333]
Call it the sunrise monti!
[/quote]
Hehe... that name is already taken :D

Glad to know your piece is doing well.. Hopefully zepplocks piece is doing well also.. Eta Ochen Hudasho.. I'm not sure if I spelled that right..

DBTC frag I received from fishnfst is doing great. It is now ready for harvesting. I might be able to make a couple frags. You can pick it up at the Dec meeting. Any taker?

No problem Tom. I hope you tank is okay now.

Levi, hope to see you soon.

Is Dec meeting for pick up okay for you guys? Let me know if you can't make it.

[quote author=xinumaster link=topic=2099.msg26462#msg26462 date=1194298961]

[/quote]

PM sent.

[quote author=xinumaster link=topic=2099.msg26462#msg26462 date=1194298961]
No problem Tom. I hope you tank is okay now.

[/quote]

Perry how did you know about my tank ? anyway, that part of the tank is bare, which is sad.

Thanks for the frag, I'll be at the meeting in December.

Back