Our mission

BRS 52 weeks

I had been searching various topics and inevitably would find that I got the answers I needed from individual weeks in the BRS series, so I decided to watch them all from beginning to end. I just finished week 42 (the latest to date). There is so much information given that I'm sure if I watched them all again I'd learn even more. Have you guys found them to be equally as informative?

Yeah I love it. I watched them all lol. And I still don't have a salt water tank yet ;p

I love the fact that they are professionally produced and get straight to the point.

Tidal Gardens and Vivid Aquariums also has very good videos.

I watched a lot of Bulk Reef Supply videos when I first got into the hobby. I think theyre great videos!

I was really inspired by their rock video and had a lot of fun chizzeling out some caves into my pukani rock.

Yup, I saw it about 20ish weeks in and initially thought, bah, I'm a seasoned vet there's no reason to see it, a couple weeks later as for whatever reason YouTube thinks I want to view fish related videos :D I decided to click one, and I recall the when BRS came out with videos they were kind of low production quality and I wasn't really digging the host, but it kind of grew on me... so I looked back checked out a few more. Eventually I liked them so much I tried to toss one in every time I had 20 minutes free. A few of them did give me ideas too, I kind of fell in love with that Ghost/Reef Savvy overflow, I really liked the sump one if anything to give me ideas of how to build one with some flash, and lastly the testing parameters one simply because I had no idea RedSea made such a neat one handed squeeze a drop shake all in one container.

Although I will say in the back of my mind I have to keep saying they're essentially getting this tank set up at wholesale cost, so when they dump a bunch of sand in they're not paying what we'd pay, and while that rock video was neat, I think the cheap side of me would say "why would I chip out rock? I paid good money for that!" :D

Overall though, very informative even if you are a seasoned vet.

Oh and something I learned from the feeding your fish episode, while I knew that pellet/flake food was higher nutritional content per volume than frozen food, it completely escaped me that frozen food would end up polluting less as a result. Just assumed they'd eat what they need not what their bellies felt like eating :D

Have to admit the BRS videos initially annoyed me (Ryan was just too excited and loud in some of the first videos), but his videos began to grow on me and were a good resource of product information and methods. I have watched every week to date of the BRS160, 52 weeks of reefing. Definitely a loyal BRS YouTube fan for sometime now! I have noticed some inconsistencies between videos of which products or method is recommended as best, but I just brush it off as there are many good solutions to the same problem. I appreciate that BRS only carries products that they themselves have had success with and would use in there own tanks.

Have to admit the BRS videos initially annoyed me (Ryan was just too excited and loud in some of the first videos), but his videos began to grow on me and were a good resource of product information and methods. I have watched every week to date of the BRS160, 52 weeks of reefing. Definitely a loyal BRS YouTube fan for sometime now! I have noticed some inconsistencies between videos of which products or method is recommended as best, but I just brush it off as there are many good solutions to the same problem. I appreciate that BRS only carries products that they themselves have had success with and would use in there own tanks.
I know right? He does sound like he's shouting through the whole thing. I usually turn my tv/computer down and turn on the subtitles.

Back