got ethical husbandry?

Brute container

I bought a brute container on wheels just for mixing salt with my RO/DI. I would like to mark inside the container different gallons. What can i use to either write on container? Any ideas? I can take picture of setup if needed... thanka
Sent from my LG-V909 using Tapatalk 2

i'd think a sharpie should be fine.. just rinse it out or soak it with some tap water and a baggie of carbon over night if you are worried.

i mean, i dont have my containers marked. by using 5 gallon buckets ive been able to get a read on how much is in there. but you may want to wait for a few more people to weigh in.

Ok will do, I'm going to use bucket to measure first time, then buckets will be used for different things, tryinv to eliminate buckets due to health. Plus one container on wheels is so much easier

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

I took a slightly different approach. o_O

I find it difficult to see and write accurately within a big grey container. I made a dip stick!

First had to find an accurate gallon. I did that by weight. 8.34 lbs/ gal. was my conversion for tap water. Using that, I measured 4 gallons in a 5 gallon bucket. 5 in 5 was just too messy!

After that I used the 4 gallon measure to fill the brute. After each measure it put the dip stick (a 1/2" PVC pipe) in and marked it. This gets me close enough. Since the brute is not a cylinder, you can't just step up even distances and expect it to be accurate.

That might be lots more than you wanted to know! :D

I took a slightly different approach. o_O

I find it difficult to see and write accurately within a big grey container. I made a dip stick!

First had to find an accurate gallon. I did that by weight. 8.34 lbs/ gal. was my conversion for tap water. Using that, I measured 4 gallons in a 5 gallon bucket. 5 in 5 was just too messy!

After that I used the 4 gallon measure to fill the brute. After each measure it put the dip stick (a 1/2" PVC pipe) in and marked it. This gets me close enough. Since the brute is not a cylinder, you can't just step up even distances and expect it to be accurate.

That might be lots more than you wanted to know! :D

Wanted to thank you, took left over pvc and made a dipping stick. I will start a journal at some point I swear, want to share my RoDi setup.

Sent from my LG-V909 using Tapatalk 2

I stuck my brute in the shower. Filled a 5g jug to the 5g mark and dumped it in. Let the water settle and marked with a sharpy. Did this 7 times to mark out 35g in 5g increments.

Back