Brute Trash Cans Sharing

Discussion in 'Wouldn't it be good if...?' started by kinetic, Jan 15, 2008.

1. kinetic

kinetic Webmaster

Hey Guys,

I don't know about you, but I rarely ever need 3 huge 50 gallon rubbermaid brute trash cans... but I'm all done with my cycle and I need to export some nitrates with a 80-90% water change, meaning I'll need to employ at least three 50 gallon brute cans. But I really doubt I'll ever need them again, unless I have a crash, need to move, or do another hugemongous water change.

So I'm thinking of basically buying the three, then just sharing them with the club whenever people need them. Almost like a DBTC except the trash cans can't be fragged.

Kind of like a tool repository or something like that.

I'm sure one of us at any given time would need one or two of these honking huge cans.

2. seminolecpa

seminolecpa Past President

Would DBTC then stand for Dont Break my Trash Cans?

3. Elite

Elite Guest

LOL..
    Too bad you are a little far from me. I have a several 50G containers.

4. Raddogz

Raddogz Guest

Your welcome to borrow Brute trash cans from me as well for water changes

3 ~30g

1 ~50g

5. TimTen

TimTen Guest

Eileen,
    would it be possible for me to borrow those trash can's. Finishing up on my chemical cycle and want to do one large water change. I really wish I had a cheap 50 gal pond.

6. kinetic

kinetic Webmaster

tim, I have two 55g brute's too. I actually bit the bullet and just bought them. Who knows when you'll need them again?

I'm going to need them back by next Thursday, and I'm going out of town this Friday, let me know =)

7. Raddogz

Raddogz Guest

[quote author=TimTen link=topic=2864.msg40070#msg40070 date=1207781799]
    Eileen,
    would it be possible for me to borrow those trash can's. Finishing up on my chemical cycle and want to do one large water change. I really wish I had a cheap 50 gal pond.
    [/quote]

Tim - mine is holding water right now for a pending water change. LOL and to think you had 50g stock tank not to long ago

8. Thales

Thales Past President

I don't know if I would trust the wheels on the 50 gallon square cans, but that may just be paranoia on my part.

I have got one 32 gallon Brute with wheels if anyone needs it. :D

9. beaupierce

beaupierce Guest

If anyone wants to get rid of their 30 gal cans I'll take a couple for water changes......let me know and I can get them at the june meeting if that works...
    cheers

10. iani

iani Guest

I don't think this thread was ever for getting rid of the brute trash cans. It was a thread about seeing if it would be a good idea to share them. Maybe ask if you can borrow some?

11. Elite

Elite Guest

[quote author=beaupierce link=topic=2864.msg43615#msg43615 date=1211314167]
    If anyone wants to get rid of their 30 gal cans I'll take a couple for water changes......let me know and I can get them at the june meeting if that works...
    cheers

[/quote]
    I have 55G heavyduty container. You just need to cut the top off or make a bigger hole. $15 each.