Reef nutrition

Bryan (seminolecpa's) Tank

mmm. whistling.

I think I may swing by there today and check it out. Mark I pmd you about taking you up on your offer.

Thanks for the input everyone. Keep it coming.

Frankenstein, as my wife has dubiously called my new frag tank/super sump, is beginning to take shape. Today I built a stand out of PVC for the pendant (Thanks Phong). I also started the plumbing (a few more trips to Home Depot should do it).

Bought the acrylic for the baffles today as well at TAP and as stated by several people there are some nice gaps due to the tank bowing over time. Will be attempting to set the baffles this weekend post BOD meeting. Going to start with the Weldon 16 and then perhaps do my best to fill in the gaps with some other adhesive.

Will post some progress pictures soon.

What do you guys think about using the baffels to pull the bowing front and back in? I have some large clamps that you could borrow if that's a good idea.

Does your PVC stand for the pendant look like this?? Does that pendant look familiar? LOL

29g0cs.jpg

Have fun gluing the baffel into a bow tank. It's a PIA. You can try to put some weight on top and leave it there for a good amount of time for the glue to dry/cure.

Bryan - if you purchase the square acrylic rods it will help with the bowing somewhat as now you can attach the baffle to something that is relatively straight - well at least a flatter surface.

Speaking of tanks. A big tanks to wakskat and Levi. The baffles are good to go and glued in. I am very happy with the results. Now I just have to let the glue set, rund some water through to clean everything out and get it up and running.

If anyone is looking to get rid of some chaeto I will be happy to take it off their hands.

Tankenstein alive a breathing

Picture001.jpg

Picture002.jpg

Picture003.jpg

80 gallons total water volume:

complete with a Remora Aqua C skimmer, Mag 7 return, 250 W MH pendant with Icecap ballast, Korillia 4, MJ 1200, MJ 900, MJ 600, Phosban Reactor running Carbon, Refugium with Chaeto and Red Grape caulpera, about 40 lbs of live rock, 300W heater, JBJ thermometer, and moon light. Total cost about $300 complete.

I put a couple of frags of of my more hearty corals in to test the water so to speak. Will be a little while before I add anything significant but yes... feed me Seymour. And you wanted me to use the space with the live rock for frags...... ha

Back