Jestersix

Bubble Magus doser replacement tubing

houser

Past President
Earlier in the year Ian and I identified some replacement tubing options for our bubble magus dosers should we ever need new tubing. 2 months ago one of my tubes split and I substituted the following tubing:

McMaster-carr PN 5102K11

Basically we needed 4mm OD/2mm ID tubing based on our measurements of the original tubing, taking into account wear, etc... ID matches so calibration is good. Wall thickness and OD match so it fits into the head. Durometer appears slightly different but the head doesn't seem to work harder.

So if you're in a pickle you might want give it a try. Between a few thousand mL dosed during initial testing and the last few months I'd say it's reasonable. Saves you having to buy a new head at $15+ a pop.

I need 3 if possible. I found a piece that I was using as a replacement but it seems to make the dosing erratic with the one doser. Went through 1g of Alk in 2 days. Figure if I upgrade all of them with the same piece I can adjust accordingly across the board.

John it is the tubing inside the head. Taking the heads apart is easy just pay attention to reassembly order. FYI the heads on mine were not assembled correctly - but they worked. Hard to explain but the rollers were installed backwards on 2 of the three heads...

Thanks for the info Dave. It was pretty ez to replace. You know where I can find those blue connectors? I broke one when I was removing the tube. :(

houser said:
That I can't help you on!
Did you go with the viton tubing then?

Yup, bought enough to replace the tubing in all 3 pumps. But since I broke one of those fittings I had to use the long piece to drip into the sump.

Roberto, where did you get your fittings from and what size ID are those for?

sfboarders said:
houser said:
That I can't help you on!
Did you go with the viton tubing then?

Yup, bought enough to replace the tubing in all 3 pumps. But since I broke one of those fittings I had to use the long piece to drip into the sump.

Roberto, where did you get your fittings from and what size ID are those for?

McMaster Carr FTW

Back