Our mission

Bubble tip 'nem

Corallus

Supporting Member
I was able to catch a small (~3" across) RBTA from my hoard that was wandering today. I bought the original from Neptune around 4 years ago, and after almost killing it, I now have more than I can easily count, after having given quite a few away. Pretty standard looking, and my maroon clowns love them. Please have a stable tank suitable for 'nems.

DBTC rules; Let's keep this one in the club. If it does split, please pass at least 2 along to others who would like one, before bringing them to the swaps. Also, if for some reason, I need one, please offer your next available one back to me.

Because it's in a box, I'd really like it to go to someone soon, preference given to whoever can pick it up by tomorrow.
IMG_0545.JPG

I was able to catch another small one. It's maybe 3" when open, and looks just like the one above. Same rules apply.

I'm planning a trip to Neptune this weekend and can probably plan to meet there, or you can come by my place in SF, south of market. I'd like it to find a new home as soon as possible.

Hey Corallus, I could swing by and grab this. Just added a pair of clowns, so could be cool if they hosted in it. I'm a bit south toward the airport and am headed to the Giants game tonight if you're closeby.

Cheers,
Ryan

Finally getting around to posting this - probably a bit unusual for a DBTC, but seems most appropriate.

A couple of months ago, I pulled a large rock out of my tank that had most of my bubble tips on it, and stuck it in a 20g. It's time for it to find a home in someone's aquarium who's got some space. There are at least a dozen anemones on it, along with a war coral (which I want to take a frag of), some oxide zoas and a couple of struggling softies (which can easily be removed). The rock is a large piece of pukani that I initially stated my tank with and has been continuously wet for the past four years. There are no visible aiptasia - but I won't claim there are none, there may be some pest algae, but not too much, and there are flatworms, but they don't seem to really bother anyone (except me).

What I'm after for this; I'd like it to go to someone who is interested in incorporating this into their tank, or who would put something together around it. I don't want someone to take this, and break it up - I can do that. I also expect if individual 'nems go for walk and need to be removed, that they go back into the DBTC. If there is interest, this will not necessarily be a first come-first serve situation. Also, you'll need to come by my place to pick this up with something larger that a 5 gal bucket - those are not large enough to completely submerge this piece in.
Nem Rock.jpg

Hehe, I think you saw it when it was still in my tank and I was thinking about taking it out.

As of now, this has probably found a good home and is pending.

And I have another one available from my group, please see notes about it above. Looks just like the previous ones, ~3" across when open.
It would be ideal if someone could come by tomorrow afternoon to pick it up.

Mine is doing really good I think. Is open fluffy and is not moving. Is staying in the same spot since I added it to the tank and moved a little. No split so far.
I added 2 pictures of it.

IMG_3680.JPGIMG_3681.JPG

Managed to catch another one from my group, about 4” when open and happy. Would be great if someone could pick it up this weekend, because I’m going to be out of town for work this coming week.

Pickup in SF, south of market, or I’m going into work in Redwood City for a bit on Sunday and could bring it with me. No takers, it gets added back to the hoard.

Back