Bulk Reef Supply Group Buy

Discussion in 'Group Buys' started by Gomer, Jan 28, 2010.

1. Gomer

Gomer Honorary Member

SEE BELOW FOR GETTING IN ON THE GROUP BUY

I love supporting our sponsors when possible, but there are some times when you want an item a sponsor doesn't have and need to look elsewhere*
    Bulk Reef Supply happens to be one of those sources. They have a group buy policy in place for clubs that I'd like to take advantage of. If we have enough interest (please post in this thread indicating so. We need 10 people either with existing accounts or new accounts to join into the program), then I'll get the ball moving to make it happen.

How it works:
    1. Gather a minimum of 10 participants
    2. Everyone creates an account on BulkReefSupply.com if they don't have one already
    3. I pick a Tuesday for the group buy will start. (Group buys run Tuesdays through the following Monday)
    4. I'll send BRS an email with the following information
    1. Your First and last name (actual name, not forum name).
    2. Your email address associated with each participants BulkReefSupply.com's email address.
    3. The name of the group buy and it's start date. For example, "BAR Feb18th 2010".

Here is what will happen after I send the list:
    1. BRS will update each participants account sometime on the Tuesday morning we chose and email everyone that the buy has started.
    2. Start buying only after this email is received.

3. During the week that the buy is open members will individually login and place their own order which will ship immediately
    4. The next Monday each participant's account will be changed to Preferred Customer. BRS Preferred Customer pricing is between regular retail and group buy prices. This permanent upgrade is their way of saying thanks for getting your reef supplies with them!

PRICING!
    The group buy price will be the lowest quantity price listed on their site.
    For example: Drew's Dosing Pumps.
    Normally 89.99 each
    Buy 3 for $84.99 each and save 6%
    Buy 5 for $79.99 each and save 12%

2. 177ike

177ike Guest

I have an account with BRS. Count me in.

3. miles405

miles405 Guest

I have planning to start using 2 part.
    I will sign up, but my tank is smaller. I may not have to make an order as often as some others. (or I will use it as an excuse to get more equipment)

Nick

4. miles405

miles405 Guest

Gomer
    I am making an account right now. If you send me your email address I will say you referred me so you get the BRS reward points.

5. Raddogz

Raddogz Guest

I'm in and I already have an account

6. tonggao

tonggao Guest

Count me in and I have an account already. Btw, does the first purchase after receiving the email qualify for preferred customer price?

7. Gomer

Gomer Honorary Member

Thanks Miles. We'll get this rolling real soon and I'll send out PMs.

Tong, as I understand it, the group order is the best (lowest) prices. After this group buy week is arranged, you'll immediately be converted to a preferred customer and you'll get the preferred pricing from the GB on out :)

8. Jbon

Jbon Guest

My addiction requires me to spread my income among my reef related contacts. I have an account with BRS so count me in. My needs appear to be endless.

9. Gomer

Gomer Honorary Member

Jim, hopefully you don't have too many additions :p ...(I want to get an SSD to play with and a new computer..which I don't need...and a new set of bike wheels...and a new camera. What are the winning lotto numbers again?)

10. Ibn

Ibn Supporting Member

Count me in, Tony. Already have an account with BRS.

11. Jbon

Jbon Guest

What is an SSD? maybe I need one ...

12. Ibn

Ibn Supporting Member

SSD = solid state drive

vs...standard hard disk drive (HDD)

13. Jbon

Jbon Guest

Thanks Eric! I was only up to thumb drives.

14. CookieJar

CookieJar Guest

Count me in. I've got an account.

15. euod

euod Supporting Member

In on the deal. Thx

16. mpoletti

mpoletti Guest

I want in, I have an account as well.

17. sid700

sid700 Supporting Member

Count me in. I've got an account.