Bulk Reef Supply Group Buy

Discussion in 'Group Buys' started by Gomer, Jan 28, 2010.

1. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

So does each person's item get shipped to them? Or to one location then spread out?

2. newhobby

newhobby Guest

I'm in...
    Just created my account.
    roberto@imlogo.com

3. Gomer

Gomer Honorary Member

We have plenty of interest, so we are going ahead with this with the goal of having the GB spanning Feb2 to Feb8
    Please email BayAreaReefers@gmail.com with the following information
    1) Your BAR Handle (to use in the confirmed list here)
    2) Your First and last name as seen on your BRS account
    3) The email address associated with your BRS account

4. i'm in.Thanks

lapsan

5. DurTBear

DurTBear Guest

I'm in and will email the info. Wish this happened before I got my dual reactor and two dosing pumps though!

6. yongwooi

yongwooi Guest

emailed info. Do count me in please.

Thanks.

7. patchin

patchin Facilities / Event Coordinator

I believe it's just like placing your normal order, we just get a "volume" discount. Should be shipped to your house.

8. Hey Tony, sent my details to the above email ... thanks for adding me.

9. robert4025

robert4025 Sponsor

10. iani

iani Guest

Robert you are in luck. BRS is out of stock on them. Please remember that our sponsors (Neptune and Aquatic Collection) carry a lot of the 2/3 part material at very competitive prices when factoring shipping.

That aside one useful item that I have found at BRS is their dual media reactor.

11. 177ike

177ike Guest

Off topic. Anyone do group buys for Leslies Pool Supplies? My swimming pool needs maintenance soon.

12. Gomer

Gomer Honorary Member

Never heard of one. start up a GB if you want to.

13. 177ike

177ike Guest

I'll probably just run down to the distributor nearbye my house rather than purchase online. Avoiding shipping costs as well..

I'm eyeing the BRS RO/DI waste water saver kit. This group by might get dangerous considering every time I order from BRS, there's always something else I want to add to my basket. Thanks, Tony :)

14. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

Yeah that waste saver kit... which in all reality is simply another RO membrane (same rating) and case to hold said membrane that you hook up in series with your existing one, requiring a bit more pressure than what people normally have, but hell twice the water and half the waste? Sign me up... too bad they're out of stock of that one :D

15. gimmito

gimmito Supporting Member

Tony,

Thanks for putting this together, I was wondering if we had a group by through BRS. I need some schedule 80 45 elbows and eventually a slew of other things. I just noticed BRS has a 20 % sale off plumbing parts for january...should I just go ahead and order before next week ??

Jim

16. 177ike

177ike Guest

My psi is right around 65, which is what the stated requirement is for the dual RO membrane system. I'm going to research a bit more before adding it on. I don't want to have to purchase the booster pump and will forego the upgrade if I need one. I also want to be able to maintain the flushing ability of RO membrane using valves.

17. adolfo425

adolfo425 Guest

I want in.

Adolfo

18. Eight

Eight Guest

+1 I don't use the 2/3 part stuff, but Robert showed me bins full of the stuff at Neptune.

The BRS dual media reactor is super duper fantastic. Highly recommended.

19. fishme

fishme Guest

Please count me in. Just send BayAreaReefers@gmail.com my info. TIA

20. JAR

JAR Supporting Member

Sign me up I need more GFO.
    I have a BRS account.