Bulk Reef Supply Group Buy

Discussion in 'Group Buys' started by Gomer, Jan 28, 2010.

1. Gomer

Gomer Honorary Member

You sign yourself up by following instructions and sending off an email :p Come Tuesday all will be set :-D

2. gimmito

gimmito Supporting Member

[/quote]
    The BRS dual media reactor is super duper fantastic. Highly recommended.[/quote]

Jason,

How large of a tank does the dual media reactor accomodate ? I noticed they have a jumbo size reactor also.

Jim

3. CookieJar

CookieJar Guest

The BRS dual media reactor is super duper fantastic. Highly recommended.[/quote]

Jason,

How large of a tank does the dual media reactor accomodate ? I noticed they have a jumbo size reactor also.

Jim[/quote]

I agree it's a really nice reactor. Not sure how large of a tank, it probably depends on bioload, amount of media you add and how often you change. I have 220+ total gallons and it's works fine for me. If you have a huge tank like 300 gallons+ or really heavy stocked, you can always load both cannisters with 1 type of media if you want to 'double up' on the media that's the most important for your tank.

4. kinetic

kinetic Webmaster

email sent! let me know if you need more info

5. xcaret

xcaret Supporting Member

Just created one.

6. Eight

Eight Guest

Jason,

Jim[/quote]

I agree it's a really nice reactor. Not sure how large of a tank, it probably depends on bioload, amount of media you add and how often you change. I have 220+ total gallons and it's works fine for me. If you have a huge tank like 300 gallons+ or really heavy stocked, you can always load both cannisters with 1 type of media if you want to 'double up' on the media that's the most important for your tank.[/quote]

I have a 170 and I only fill the chambers up 1/4 of the way typically. I imagine you could go up to a 300 and be fine. Really depends on how much media you plan on using. The reactor chambers are exactly the same size as a standard RO unit reaction chamber. (Where you put the prefilter, carbon, DI block, etc...)

7. screebo

screebo Guest

e mail sent
    I'm in :)

8. gimmito

I agree it's a really nice reactor. Not sure how large of a tank, it probably depends on bioload, amount of media you add and how often you change. I have 220+ total gallons and it's works fine for me. If you have a huge tank like 300 gallons+ or really heavy stocked, you can always load both cannisters with 1 type of media if you want to 'double up' on the media that's the most important for your tank.[/quote]

I have a 170 and I only fill the chambers up 1/4 of the way typically. I imagine you could go up to a 300 and be fine. Really depends on how much media you plan on using. The reactor chambers are exactly the same size as a standard RO unit reaction chamber. (Where you put the prefilter, carbon, DI block, etc...)[/quote]

Since I have a 450 dt, I guess I'll need the jumbo reactor. :0

9. gimmito

10. bluevoodoo

bluevoodoo Guest

11. Gomer

Gomer Honorary Member

Updated to here in original post.

Sid, check your email :)

12. Gomer

Gomer Honorary Member

GB is closed :) List will be sent in shortly to start the GB tomorrow

The following people are included

13. DurTBear

DurTBear Guest

Cool! Thanks for organizing this Tony. You're going to save us club members a nice chunk of change!

14. xinumaster

xinumaster Guest

Can I still join?

15. scuba71

scuba71 Supporting Member

Shoot... how did I miss this? Can I join too?

16. Gomer

Gomer Honorary Member

I already sent everything in. If you want to try and get in, you can try and email them directly
    http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/store/Group-and-Club-Buys

17. scuba71

scuba71 Supporting Member

Thanks Tony. I just did.

18. screebo

screebo Guest

Placed my first "Group Order" with BRS today. Restocked my fragging supplies. My inventory of materials has taken a big hit with several new DBTC chains started and Swap coming up.............. 0:) LOL

19. JAR

JAR Supporting Member

54W-48IN ATI Blue Plus T5 HO Fluorescent Bulb 204335 2 $37.80
    1 Gallon - 7 Pounds Bulk GFO High Capacity Ferric Oxide 000623 1 $140.00
    Coral Frag Plugs Large 20pc (1 1/4" crown) - Oceans Wonders 205304 1 $4.50
    Coral Frag Disks Large 15pc (1.5") - Oceans Wonders 205306 1 $4.50
    Coralline Purple Reef Epoxy - Oceans Wonders 205356 1 $5.40
    BRS Mixed Dry Aquarium Eco Rock 000703 10 $13.40
    Coral Frag Plugs 25pc - Oceans Wonders 205303 1 $4.50
    Subtotal $210.10
    Shipping & Handling $21.66
    Grand Total $231.76

DONE!

20. vivi

vivi Guest

I missed this last time around. I'm in need of some carbon and eager to try out Rox 0.8.
    Anyone interested in another round of group buy?