High Tide Aquatics

Bulkheads

Don't know about LFS, but Harrington Plastics on 2nd street in Berkeley has all kinds of piping and plumbing stuff for industry.

http://www.harringtonplastics.com/

If they don't do retail, see Glen at Ashby Plumbing. He can get that stuff. Tell him the guys from UC Chemistry recommended him. He's a nice guy.

what size were you looking for? Tropical fish world in el cerrito has 1" normally in stock.. Ocean Treasures and Aquatic Central in the City both have them.. Connies in Castro Valley will have them as well.. And Fishnfst in Richmond has a ton too :) I got a bunch of 1" and 3/4" the other day from Derrick.. He might be out of 1".. If you are goign to go that route you might want to call them first...

What size are you looking for? I have a couple laying around depending on the size and whether you want slip or non slip. Ultimate in San Mateo sells them as well, or you can also just order them from Marine Depot and have them here in a couple of days.

[quote author=fishnfst link=topic=4845.msg58956#msg58956 date=1224036996]
And Fishnfst in Richmond has a ton too :)
[/quote]

Haha. Do you have more than you need? I need four .75" (for 1.5" holes) and two 1.5" (for 2.5" holes). I need ones that are slip on the flange side and threaded on the back.

Who's Derrick? Is that Ocean's Treasures?

Hmm. My googling seems indicate that slip on flange + threaded on back doesn't exist. So... I guess I need slip both sides. (otherwise I'd need an extra fitting and it would be visible inside the tank)

Have one schedule 80 slip 1 1/2 " and 1 Sch 40 1 1/2 slip so probably wouldn't help much.

For that many I would just order from here and save the gas an be absolutly sure they have them.

http://www.marinedepot.com/ps_AquariumPage~PageAlias~plumbing_parts_fittings_bulkheads_strainers.html

I can usually order on a Monday and have them at my door by Wednesday with ground shipping.

yeah, you're probably right. that's a lot easier with messing around trying to find them locally. I can probably find some other things to include an a marinedepot order too. :D

Thanks, guys.

I normally get mine from aquatic ecosystems.. I got like 20 misc sized ones from Derrick the other day and 10 from Chris at AC.. I don't think I have that many 3/4 ones in a slip/threaded config.. I have 1 1.5 and 2 2" and a ton of 1"

[quote author=tuberider link=topic=4845.msg58991#msg58991 date=1224042766]
I use savko.com for a lot of plumbing things ;)
[/quote]

They have bulheads that are slip on the flange side only! yay!

Back