CAD Lights 46G

Discussion in 'Tank Journals' started by Ibn, Jan 20, 2016.

1. Flagg37

Flagg37 Officer at large

Somebody hit up the Reef Raft booth. Did you leave any for anyone else? :) I'd like to see that yellow SPS. Just how yellow is it?

2. Ibn

Ibn Supporting Member

Oh I left plenty for everyone else! There's no point in picking up extras of the same thing. The yellow is more green under my lights, but that could also be due to my normally high phosphates.

[​IMG]

3. ashburn2k

ashburn2k Supporting Member

Is that 56 or 5.6?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

4. Ibn

Ibn Supporting Member

56 there since the numbers are always full digits and no decimals are used. 56 ppb equates to 0.17 ppm of phosphates.

5. Wlachnit

Wlachnit Supporting Member

My so called yellow millepora that I picked up at the CFM, is green in my system. Does anyone have a true yellow SPS here?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6. Ibn

Ibn Supporting Member

Depends on the spectrum of your lighting and of course your nutrient levels. Pink floyd and/or the TCK pikachu are a couple of the true yellows. I'm running phosphates at 0.17 ppm. I've seen the PF and pikachu with lower phosphates (~0.03 - 0.05 ppm).

Pink Floyd under RB
    [​IMG]

Pink Floyd under full spectrum
    [​IMG]

Wlachnit and Gablami like this.
  7. Flagg37

Flagg37 Officer at large

You make me feel better about my high phosphates. I thought everyone around here was at 0.03 or less. :)

8. Ibn

Ibn Supporting Member

Glad that I could help. :p

Phosphates have been high since at least March, when I measured it at 0.15 ppm. I could probably bring it down by feeding less or elevating my nitrates, which are usually bottomed out. Nitrates tested at 0.2 ppm so it's detectably low.

9. Ibn

Ibn Supporting Member

New comp for the month. Some removed from the last sale and some added.

[​IMG]

Chromis and Coral reefer like this.
  10. Chromis

Chromis Guest

I picked up a sunset millepora that definitely is yellow on the top half (green on bottom) but it has brownish polyps that block some of the nice color. The Pink Floyd I saw at the recent coral farmers market was the yellowest acro I've seen outside my tank.