Neptune Aquatics

Calcium Reactor Drips

I wasn't specifically implying $202 was too much, but I glanced at the pump and watch the price jump quite dramatically... guess its the nature of the online bidding game.

iani said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Cole-Parmer-Masterflex-7520-40-Console-Drive-F20-/120727221848?pt=BI_Pumps&hash=item1c1be73658

That one would be perfect. Snatch it up its cheap. Only 53 mins left.

This would work as well.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Cole-Parmer-Masterflex-7521-40-Console-Drive-F9-/110690393469?pt=BI_Pumps&hash=item19c5a95d7d

Got the second one. Any links or advice as to where to get tubing? Thanks!

Rich, I have some size 25 norprene tubing. I can give you a few feet which should last you a couple of years. Norprene tubing is typically the most durable tubing they have. PM me if you want to pick it up form me.

I paid about $200 or so for a spectrapure "ultimate top off " (or something). Pricey, but ... wow, so awesome! best top off solution for me. It feeds water from my reservoir (5 gallon jug) into my kalkwater mixer, which then drips into my sump. It pained me to purchase it, but I've tried using an old medical pump (which eventually started acting weird and the constant alarms drove me mad, also the tubing was hard to find), and a Drew's doser which didn't work very well (it was too slow). As a top-off/kalk solution, I'm loving it and the pain of the initial purchase has worn off because I love that thing so much.

I took my CA reactor offline due to leaks and just never put it back on, but I have to say that with the CA reactor, I saw a heck of a lot more growth of stony stuff. I also didn't bother re-installing it because I THINK that it helped my green hair algae grow like mad. When my new tank is up, the CA reactor will be installed as well. It will have it's own dry compartment in my sump so that if it leaks it won't make me want to kill it.

V

The masterflex rocks. So far. At first I thought it was going to be loud, but to get the flow I want, I had to turn it way down and it seems quiet. We'll see how it goes, but I likes it! I also go a new regulator from plantedtanks. Using them at work and now at home - LED baby, no bubble counter. :D

sfsuphysics said:
wow a bubble counter that displays on an LED screen?

More of a timed solenoid release where you alter the interval, I still use them with bubble counters, but with a controller it really isn't necessary.

I use the same valve on my Knop S IV unit, on the efluent side of the unit is connected to the S-IV's built in secondary chamber which is filled with calcium media that serves as filter for any excess CO2. The third stage goes to a phos ban reactor now filled with neo mag media and so far the stream has been clogged free for almost a year.

Attached files /attachments/sites/default/files/S-IV.jpg

tuberider said:
sfsuphysics said:
wow a bubble counter that displays on an LED screen?

More of a timed solenoid release where you alter the interval, I still use them with bubble counters, but with a controller it really isn't necessary.

That is what I hear others doing as well.

tuberider said:
Welcome to the modern era Rich, make sure that you've got your bar code tattoo, you don't want to be unscannable. :D

He covered his up.... they messed up and instead of his wrist, they hit the top of his foot. Guess they used a Gen1 iGovRegTatMachine on him. The Gen2 is far better and they fixed the antennae issue ;)

I thought Gen2 was simply to put nano-particle sized RFIDs in the water, so they don't need to physically see the tattoos anymore :D

But back on topic, controlled bubble release, damn I might have to rethinking the whole CaReactor setup... hell I still got Jeremy's mega sized CO2 container, actually it fell on my leg when I was cleaning a couple weeks ago, still got the bruise going :D

Back