Jestersix

Calcium Reactor - Should I?

Have you tried using fans to cool it down via evaporation?
No, I haven't tried fans. During the winter months I keep my tank at 78, summer months I raise normal temp to 79, hoping to help big shifts in temp. Tank usually raises to 81/82 degrees depending how hot it is outside. Will a fan keep it down a few degree? How much will a fan help?

And actually if you're interested, I could consider parting with my nicely fixed unit mostly because the footprint is larger than I thought. I have it installed remotely in my pantry and my wife isn't so happy how much space it takes up.
Well given the right price, and the right motivation I might be interested :D

No, I haven't tried fans. During the winter months I keep my tank at 78, summer months I raise normal temp to 79, hoping to help big shifts in temp. Tank usually raises to 81/82 degrees depending how hot it is outside. Will a fan keep it down a few degree? How much will a fan help?

My tank usually run room temp +1-2 degree. With a fan it brought it down to room temp.

This is the fan I used
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00L54ZY9C

It is a bit small for a 5' tank but it was sufficient.

My fan worked great, up until this weekend.
It was unusually humid, so less evaporation. And my house AC died, so air around DT was warmer.
So it bumped up to 81.5. Everything was fine though.
I have just a single 200mm computer fan, for a 300G system.
It does not take a lot, although I may double it now.

FYI: Fans are a LOT cheaper to fix and replace than the main house AC unit. :mad:

Back