got ethical husbandry?

Calcium Reactors and Pressure

If going to a smaller tube causes a PSI increase in the small tube, the following would be true:

1) You breath air at atmospheric pressure, but in the alveoli in your lungs experience thousands of PSI of pressure
2) when you pump your car tire to 30PSI, the thin tube on the pump is experiencing thousands of PSI
3) the pressure inside the round part of a balloon is lower than where you tie the knot

the psi to velocity thing. (ignore conductance)
when you cut the area in 1/2, you get 2x the velocity, but you only require 1/2 the force to push it. Since the force and area are cut in 1/2, PSI remains the same since PSI is force/area (0.5force/0.5area) = (1force/1area)

Hahahah this reminds me of the discussion about head pressure.. No matter what the size of the vessel is all that matters is the height.. Head pressure is not affected by the volume of water.. Only by the height. .433 psi for every 12" of rise.. Be it a 10' diameter tower or a 2" diameter tower the head pressure will be identical for equivalent height towers..

Whatever Gomer said :) hahahha

Gresham, I just came to that realization. I guess the only thing to consider is that the feed line and effluent line are easily clogged. That could be the cause of a lot of failures. I guess that is why pH probes are good on calcium reactors. If the pH drops (meaning building pressure) the CO2 stops.

Tony, Erin. Makes sense I was wrong.

Ah man and I just got Brian from Fin's Reef (H&S) to join in :( I'm still sending him the link though as I bet he's got somethign to add to all this :)

Back