got ethical husbandry?

California Academy of Science (Updated)

Nice pics Vlad!

How do you like CAS? I haven't gone yet, the kids wouldn't appreciate it. Plus I'll give the coral tanks a bit of time to mature ;)

V

For those of you planning to go and not planning to purchase the Membership, if you have AAA membership, you can take off $3 from the ticket price.

Vince, nice place to go only if its not crowded, ask Rich or Matt what the weekend crowds are like but I'm guessing it'll be quite packed, swinging by on a Thursday afternoon last week (saw both Rich and Matt) the place with infinitely more enjoyable... but then again I'm not a big fan of crowded places.

I didn't quite like the planetarium, it was more an IMAX presentation than a planetarium one, but maybe I'm a bit overly picky about that thing ;) Besides the aquarium the rainforest (top pic) is simply amazing with all the butterflies flying around (unique looking ones not the common Monarch and what not we see around here), although the birds were eating the butterflies so better go quick before they're all gone! :D

g/f had to go to the bathroom so I told her I'd sit infront of the big tank right next to the acrylic, it was 4pm or so, we had 4:30 tickets for the planetarium she said she'd swing back around 4:15, I swear I must have gotten lost in the whole tank because it seemed like a minute later I get a tap on my shoulder saying it's time to go! :O

Oh, one tip...no standing in line to buy tickets IF you have a credit card. They have machines by the street that dispense tickets :D

Hello Vlad, what software did you use to merge the photos? Does cs3 have an option to do that or is it a third party software like photomatix?

[quote author=mark_s link=topic=5003.msg61533#msg61533 date=1225405890]
excellent pictures. Were u using a tripod to take them?
[/quote]

No, too many people there.
I used my tamron 90mm f2.8 lens and sometimes iso800 to get decent timing.

[quote author=fishnfst link=topic=5003.msg61558#msg61558 date=1225411227]
Hello Vlad, what software did you use to merge the photos? Does cs3 have an option to do that or is it a third party software like photomatix?
[/quote]

Merge what? I did framing in photoshop. And exposure compensation in lightroom.

Back