California Reef Co. SPS Grow Out Competition - TRACKING

Discussion in 'California Reef Company' started by California_Reef_Co, Apr 17, 2015.

1. Geneva

Geneva Supporting Member

What is name of coral? (thought it was highlighter but promptly forgot what I was told - duh!)

2. Corallus

Corallus BAR Sponsorship Coordinator

They told me it was an "Aussie candlelight" acro when I picked up mine. Awesome place and a great frag - I'll post a pic of mine a little later today.

Geneva likes this.
  3. Jruga

Jruga Guest

Here's my frag! Whatever it's called... looks awesome in the tank!

IMG_3338.jpg

neuro and Geneva like this.
  4. iCon

iCon Supporting Member

Hmm.
    I'll play. See you next weekend ;)

5. POOLSCAPES

POOLSCAPES Guest

I am in. Thanks, Geneva .
    I will be taking pictures of my grow out stuff today or tomorrow. After water changes

Geneva likes this.
  6. Enderturtle

Enderturtle Volunteer

Alright. I'm going to admit it; I LOVE competition. I'm in! AND I'll be growing this in my dedicated LPS tank.

This gift card will be mine. :cool:

jonmos75 likes this.
  7. Corallus

Corallus BAR Sponsorship Coordinator

Here's a marginal cell phone pic of mine. Little over an inch tall, but lots of branching.
    Candlelight.jpg
    I'll figure out how to get a decent pic of it by the next update...

Geneva and neuro like this.
  8. neuro

neuro Webmaster

@California_Reef_Co

i just sent you a PM. i'm having my wife pick this up tomorrow if possible!

Geneva likes this.
  9. neuro

neuro Webmaster

uploadfromtaptalk1429677425331.jpg

25 mm or so?

Last edited: Apr 21, 2015
  10. neuro

neuro Webmaster

Ok it's closer to 26mm or so

uploadfromtaptalk1429679033063.jpg

Geneva likes this.
  11. Enderturtle

Enderturtle Volunteer

I'm starting at 1.1 inches = 27mm

acro.png

Last edited: May 4, 2015
    Geneva likes this.
  12. Geneva

Geneva Supporting Member

You are going to grow this in your LPS tank even though this acro is an SPS or is that a typo???

13. Enderturtle

Enderturtle Volunteer

LPS Tank! I run my kessils on the blue-er side for all of the day. My acros at the top are encrusted with polyp extension soooooo that means I can keep them alive. Are they growing like mad? Probably not lol

14. wpeterson

wpeterson Webmaster

I picked up a frag for myself and @jonmos75 earlier this week. Here's a picture of my frag as of yesterday:

[​IMG]

Geneva likes this.
  15. Looking good guys. We're going to open this grow-out contest to non-supporting members, but people will still have to post in this thread.

Please post a picture of your coral next to a ruler and write down the measurement.

NOTE: The winner of this contest will be determined by percentage of growth, that is, initial measurement divided by final measurement. If you don't have your initial measurement then you cannot calculate percentage of growth.

16. jonmos75

jonmos75 Guest

Just curious of why you were going to open this up to non-supporting members????

17. Hi jonmos,

This competition is not a BAR club-sponsored event. No club money was used in this competition. We've given BAR first pick of the corals available.

We have a few frags left over and would like to give people the chance to join this competition. Plus this will also bring traffic to the website and club since they will have to come here. Good way to advertise the club and store.

Geneva, jonmos75 and Enderturtle like this.
  18. jonmos75

jonmos75 Guest

I understand that it is not a BAR sponsored event and if you are having other people come only here and we can get more reefers interesting in the club and possibly becoming members is a good thing....

I support and join events like this as YOU are a sponsor of BAR if it was another NON-sponsor shop having an event like this I probably would not participate as I want to support your shop like you support our club!!!!

Thanks for clarifying your thought process to opening this up to non-members.

Corallus and Geneva like this.
  19. Ahruk

Ahruk Guest

I actually ended up with a tiny piece that broke off of ender's. It's so pretty I hope it doesn't bleach out in my tank >_<

I'm not in the competition though.

20. wpeterson

wpeterson Webmaster

I tried to get a better picture next to a ruler and mounted the frag on a rock after acclimating to the LEDs all week:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Geneva likes this.