California Reef Co. SPS Grow Out Competition - TRACKING

Discussion in 'California Reef Company' started by California_Reef_Co, Apr 17, 2015.

1. Geneva

Geneva Supporting Member

June photo - not much growth yet but still alive!
    20150601_094532.jpg

2. yellojello

yellojello Supporting Member

Here's mine. June 02

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433293911.639143.jpg

3. Need more of those June pictures up or you're out of the competition :)

There will be no future reminders.

4. jonmos75

jonmos75 Guest

I was going to post mine this weekend

5. wpeterson

wpeterson Webmaster

Mine is doing well, almost fully encrusted over the epoxy mounting:

[​IMG]

6. Nav

Nav Director of Marketing & Photography

Sorry for the bad phone pic again... mine has been doing well, very slight growth in the tips & the base is encrusting over the superglue.

IMG_1148.png

7. jonmos75

jonmos75 Guest

Here is my June Pic

June15.jpg IMAG4632.jpg

8. wpeterson
    jruga
    geneva
    yellojello
    nav
    jonmos

are still in the competition :).

The rest of you are out of the competition. You missed the June deadline.

Winner is determined by Percentage of Growth = Final Measurement divided by First Measurement

9. Corallus

Corallus BAR Sponsorship Coordinator

Sad... But I understand. Took the (poor) pic this weekend, just couldn't get the time to upload. Regardless, not really any noticeable growth, but still looks really nice in my tank!
    6-2-15_Growout-2.jpg

10. boun11

boun11 Supporting Member

Me too! I just bought a macro lens too. I took pictures with my phone but didn't have time to upload them. I'll still post to give update when I can

Enderturtle likes this.
  11. wpeterson

wpeterson Webmaster

I hope folks who were late on this deadline might get a little mercy, but I'm not the one spending all the time managing the contest - so I'll defer to you guys.

jonmos75 and Corallus like this.
  12. Corallus

Corallus BAR Sponsorship Coordinator

I would still love to be in the game, but regardless, this has been great for me. Good deal on a nice coral, and other folks in the club got similar pieces at similar times so I can gauge how well mine is doing, instead of just wondering "does this just grow slowly?". This will continue to be a learning experience for me as they grow out. My main hope is if CA Reef Co sponsors another one of these in the future, that I can still participate.

Thanks again everyone!

Enderturtle likes this.
  13. boun11

boun11 Supporting Member

It's okay. For me, I just want to see how it grows under led. I am using less than 40% on the white on the AI Vega color and Kessil combo. I will still post pictures up to give update even though I am no longer part of the competition :)

Corallus likes this.
  14. boun11

boun11 Supporting Member

Here is a quick marco shot of the coral tonight:

[​IMG]

Corallus and Enderturtle like this.
  15. wpeterson

wpeterson Webmaster

My frag is still doing OK, fully encrusted and spreading out on the rock where it's mounted. Less polyp extension than previously. I've added a Flame Angel to the tank and I fear he may be nipping at the polyps along the front/base of my frag:

[​IMG]

It may also be the base is getting too shaded to grow polyps with as much extension as the top and other sides.

16. Enderturtle

Enderturtle Volunteer

Mine has stopped extending its polyps lol

But it encrusted and is still colored.

I think its due to my recent alkalinity drop. Lost some zoas too.

17. Nav

Nav Director of Marketing & Photography

Here's my frag from today... mine went from minimal PE to full PE in the last few weeks & encrusted more (compare my previous pic)

SPS_grow.jpg

wpeterson likes this.
  18. Geneva

Geneva Supporting Member

July picture - still the same with only the tips bright yellow and starting to encrust on the plug.

20150702_095528 (Medium).jpg

19. jonmos75

jonmos75 Guest

Happy 4TH of July!!!!!

Here is my July picture looks like it has grown just under a 1/4"

Well I am attempting to post a picture but having attachment issues....the status bar gets to 100% but does not finish all the way????

------------

Update I was only able to upload a picture via tapatalk

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 4, 2015
  20. wpeterson

wpeterson Webmaster

Still doing well and growing. Some of the areas that have encrusted are starting to grow out new branches. The base of the colony had it's polyps eaten by our flame angel, but it looks like they are growing back. Polyp extension is solid, but not as excessive as before (I assume due to flame angel nipping occasionally).

Front:
    [​IMG]

Side:
    [​IMG]

Nav likes this.