Can someone from San Francisco please pick up the Club's PAR Meter?

Discussion in 'General Club Business' started by Enderturtle, Jul 21, 2015.

1. Enderturtle

Enderturtle Volunteer

The PAR meter is sitting at Spmorgan's house in the South Market area of San Francisco.

I believe he is no longer in the hobby since he sold his tank.

I also don't think he is willing to drive it to anyones house or Ship it.

Can someone pick it up and put it back in good hands?

I have his cellphone number. PM me and I'll put you in contact with him.

This is the club's PAR meter and belongs to all of us. We'll need to revise the borrowing policy to avoid situations like this.

2. Coral reefer

Coral reefer President

What an ass! "Not willing to drive it or ship it? But certainly willing to borrow it. Where does he get off. Didn't he read the rules!?! Guess people are going to have to put down a credit card number or some sort of deposit now before they borrow it. Way to ruin it for everyone. JERK!

jonmos75 likes this.
  3. Coral reefer

Coral reefer President

Sent him a pm. Will see If he responds. Feel free to send me his number so I can harass him there to

4. Enderturtle

Enderturtle Volunteer

Whoa whoaaa let's calm down.

I don't think the aggresive way is the way to go. He might just get pissed off and not care to give it back.

I actually tried picking it up from him but my schedule got busy. And we couldn't meet because of me. He seems nice just doesn't have enough time or cares enough to send it to the next person.

All I care about is getting the PAR meter back. Let's just have someone pick it up.

5. Enderturtle

Enderturtle Volunteer

As for not willing to drive....that's understandable. But yeah the policy clearly says the borrower has to get it to the next person. And you have the option of shipping it via mail.

If someone from San Francisco borrows it and then someone from San Jose wants it.....that's a long drive. That's 2 hours of your day gone to getting the PAR meter someone else. We've been relying on good faith.

I want to change the borrowing policy.

My plan is if you want to borrow the club's 200-300 $ PAR meter you need to send a Private Message to a Board of Director including your address and cellphone (this information will be kept private). You have 3 weeks to use it and you must get it to the nearest BOD member. (We actually have at least 1 BOD member throughout the entire Bay Area). Next person to use it picks up.

Of course we can arrange PAR meter pick up at BAR events to make this easier too.

jonmos75 likes this.
  6. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

If it's too far for Mike to drive *snicker* I'll go pick it up

Enderturtle likes this.
  7. Enderturtle

Enderturtle Volunteer

Ok thank you sfsuphysics. Please approach this guy in a nice/respectable way. You never know what people are going through in their personal lives.

Let's just get the PAR meter back to the club.

8. Enderturtle

Enderturtle Volunteer

Messaged you, Sfsuphysics .

9. Vhuang168

Vhuang168 Supporting Member

Sorry Mike. Been too busy to drive up. Was planning on heading up to pick up a Bali/Doni Picasso but the timing just doesn't work for me.

10. Corallus

Corallus BAR Sponsorship Coordinator

I live in South of Market, and could probably go pick it up tomorrow, if it's not convenient for anyone else. I usually commute down the peninsula ~1 time per week, and could drop it off at @Enderturtle's place on the way home. Plus, it'll give me a chance to use it!

11. Enderturtle

Enderturtle Volunteer

Sfsuphysics is currently in contact with the guy and hopefully will be able to pick up.

12. Corallus

Corallus BAR Sponsorship Coordinator

Sounds good - happy to serve as a backup if need be.

13. Coral reefer

Coral reefer President

Well I did try to contact him so I could get it... And yes, I do still think he is an ass

14. Coral reefer

Coral reefer President

15. Coral reefer

Coral reefer President

Last part was my stuff, no endurs. Not sure how I messed that up