Cali Kid Corals

Can these wrasses coexist?

I have a solon wrasse. I am thinking about getting a pair of Filamented wrasses and a carpenter wrasse trio.

Would they fight? or would they be all be good together?

comparable sizes to the original fish?

I still have 3 wrasses in a 37 gallon. a Leopard, checkerboard and Green Seagrass, and Had a Yellow Coris ( till it got sick ). All got along but ANY wrasse I add in this tank is TOAST and wouldn't last 5mins. Any other fish or invert addition don't get bothered though.

I had a fish like yours before mixed in with a dozen other wrasses in my 100gal.. didn't bother anyone. But that was in a larger tank. and all fish were the same size.

Not sure about the Solon but the flasher wrasses may fight. If you put them in the tank at the same time, it's supposed to help but I didn't have much luck with that. That said, I saw a 40B with a trio of flashers getting along just fine. Like anything - It all depends I guess

I think if you introduce them together or if the first wrasse has not been in the tank for very long it is doable.

I had a Solon wrasse that was in a well established tank for a few years before I introduced several wrasses fairy and flasher type and it beat the crap out of the new ones.

Back