Jestersix

Carbon and phosphate media how often u change?

Well, I skimmed (no pun intended) the article.

It's pretty much normal stuff as how Tony and I had posted previously but without all the tedious experimental details.

The graphs all look how one would expect for concentration changes when moving toward equilibrium from either direction.

The leaching test is basically analogous to my example of leaving equilibrated dirty carbon in a tank that had just gotten some massive water changes, so still no disagreements there.

Carbon (Black Diamond & BulkReefSupply) run passively changed every 4 weeks to no more than 5 weeks. Once over 5 weeks, some leaching begin to happen and progressively gets worst. TLF Reactor with 1/2 RowaPhos and 1/2 BulkReefSupply GFO changed every 3 months, whether it needs to be changed or not.

Careful there. Are you ABSOLUTELY sure you mean leaching, or that you reached the reactive site equilibrium capacity and the "leaching" is excess buildup?
An example of leaching adding a teabag to a cup of plain water.
An example of not leaching is pouring 1 gallon of water into a 1pint glass.

It is also worth mentioning that the teabag example is also an equilibrium example just in the opposite direction :p

Um never have I been tea bagged nor do I have any plans on it in the future.

OT but you brought it there......A homophobic DJ friend of mine had a gig at a gar bar years back. He was playing away when he felt some one standing just over him. he looked up only to have a tea bag lowered into his face :( Needless to say there was quote a ruckus, the music stopped and the police had to come into the situation. I hear the look of fear on his face was priceless though :D

Back