Jestersix

Carpet Anemone question

After the BAR meeting perusing Aquatic collection they had a carpet anemone that sparked my interest and after some contemplation & encouragement I took the plunge and got him. He's the haddoni species and so far doing well. The question I have is about lighting, knowing they take a lot of light, I'm thinking about getting a LED PAR 30 or 38 light, with 40 or 60 degree optics, to direct some light on him since the rest of my corals are zoas & lps & the lights are pretty low for them. Has anyone kept these anemones and how have you handled the lighting? Has anyone tried the PAR bulbs on anemones?

Nice nem ! I have two haddonis and have three 250 mh over the tank. They will move around until they feel comfortable lighting and flow wise. I'd wait to see how it likes where you place it before adding a specific par 38 for it.

makes sense about waiting to see where it'll settle.
The rule of thirds was agood point I got from Gary's talk which was full of good nuggets. My white balance still needs work but my tank (and rocks) are so blue/ purple the picture is still pretty close to the real look.
Jim- did you feed yours shrimp or ?? any tips on food, I have mysis but i'm thinking larger food items might be what's needed.

Back