Caulerpa

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell, Trade' started by Euphyllia, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Euphyllia

Euphyllia Guest

I'm buying/trading for/asking for some caulerpa. I really want some... Also, if anybody has any other live saltwater plants that I can beautify my tank with, it will be greatly appreciated. I have some corals I could trade so if you have something you want to sell/give for FREE/ trade to me, please post here! THANKS MUCH! :)
    Euphyllia

2. Euphyllia

Euphyllia Guest

I have a frag of colt, frog, atomic greens, and some orange and blue zoas to trade for some live plants... They are all healthy...

3. badbread

badbread Guest

uh oh...

Check this link out:
    http://www.sccat.net/#nine-banned-species-in-california-f45a4

4. Euphyllia

Euphyllia Guest

Oh... uhhh... Ok so maybe not those. But does anybody have ANY TYPE of salt water PLANT I could buy/trade a coral for? There HAS to be somebody who wants one of those frags...

5. Euphyllia

Euphyllia Guest

Anybody got any of these?

Shaving Brush
    Turtle Weed

6. If you wanna make the trip, aquarium showroom in San jose has some shaving brush. That's where I got mine.

7. Around $5 a piece.

8. Euphyllia

Euphyllia Guest

Thanks for telling me! :)
    I'll pick some up when I go to the swap.
    Does anybody have some plants they are willing to trade for one of my frags?

9. euphyllia,

russ at gulf coast ecosystems has a variety for cheap. www.live-plants.com

10. Euphyllia

Euphyllia Guest

Thanks! So it wouldn't be "illegal" if I ordered caulerpa even though it's illegal here?

11. Gomer

Gomer Honorary Member

it would be illegal because you imported an illegal plant. Pot is legal in some countries but that doesn't mean you can legally order it in the states.

12. Euphyllia

Euphyllia Guest

Oh yes... good point. Is caulerpa able to be made into a drug or something?

13. Gomer

Gomer Honorary Member

no, but it can be extremely invasive.
    http://swr.nmfs.noaa.gov/hcd/caulerpa.htm

14. Euphyllia

Euphyllia Guest

;D IM SO HAPPY! I went to this store today that I haven't heard any body mention to get a feather duster for my 34gal since they are the only place I know of that pink and green feather dusters. While I was there I noticed they had a tank of salt water plants. I decided to get a bunch of the ($7.99 a bunch) and the bunches are huge. When the sales person was getting some plants for me I noticed they had some CAULERPA and asked if they could put some of it in. They nicely responded and said it was illegal to sell and she didn't know she even had it. So I said "oh, ok then!" and got on with my life. Next thing, I was home putting my plants in when... CAULERPA! I FOUND IT! ;D... She probably didn't realize it was in there since it was such a small amount. Now I'm going to grow it in my aquarium! :)

Well anyways I got to get back to putting my plants in... then I post some pics.

15. Smiley1

Smiley1 Guest

ya, caulerpa is illegal to buy or sell..... but....its not illegal to have in your tank.... just be careful not to put it in your trash or outside or flush it without killing it first. put it in a bag and freeze it for a couple days.

I have some mexican caulerpa in my tank and it does a great job. grows pretty fast too. if ya need any, let me know.

16. Elite

Elite Guest

Who said it's not illegal to have in your tank??
    http://www.ridnis.ucdavis.edu/Caulerpataxifolia.html

17. Smiley1

Smiley1 Guest

oh damn..... guess i was wrong and dont have any in my tank....must be something else......

18. Elite

Elite Guest

LOL .. Yeah sure.. J)

19. hiepatitis

hiepatitis Guest

why doyou want caulerpa? that stuff is invasive. i have some nummalaria if you want some.

20. Oh snap. I have some...thing similar I guess. I bought chaeto from a certain LFS and they sold me caulepra mixed with chaeto.