Celebration of Felicia's Predator Reef!

Discussion in 'Kudos' started by MolaMola, Mar 30, 2016.

1. Flagg37

Flagg37 Officer at large

Those are a couple cool ones with them up near the surface. It looks like there are 4 fish.

FeliciaLynn likes this.
  2. FeliciaLynn

FeliciaLynn Supporting Member

Thank you! Yeah I thought it was cool with their reflections on the surface of the water :)

3. Enderturtle

Enderturtle Volunteer

Haha gorgeous tank set up! Love the sump!!!

FeliciaLynn likes this.
  4. FeliciaLynn

Thanks! The sump is a mess, but I just don't see the need to spend hours scrubbing it when no one really sees it. It has lots of fun coralline, macro algae, breeding limpets, and pineapple sponges :)

5. Nano sapiens

Nano sapiens Guest

Yay! Congrats, again on the feature :)

FeliciaLynn likes this.
  6. Drwonga

Drwonga Guest

This is one of my favorite tanks ever! Great job!

I might do a similar setup with my own tank.

FeliciaLynn likes this.
  7. FeliciaLynn

Thank you! :)

8. FeliciaLynn

Thank so much for the kind words! Can't wait to see what you do with your tank!

9. Wlachnit

Wlachnit Supporting Member

Very very nice! I just picked up a second tank, a 93g cube, and I have been trying to decide what type of tank to setup. This is very inspiring and so now I'm considering to setup something very similar.

10. beegee

beegee Supporting Member

beautiful tank! be careful not to get stung by the lions! I got lazy once and got stung by a volitans. Not a fun day.

11. Flagg37

Flagg37 Officer at large

@FeliciaLynn she told me that she's never been stung but had been bitten by her eel before.

beegee likes this.
  12. Coral reefer

Coral reefer President

I've had both of those happen...

13. Flagg37

Flagg37 Officer at large

Which is worse?

14. Coral reefer

Coral reefer President

Eel didn't get me nearly as bad as he coulda. Blind as a bat eel Came out of water while I was popping frozen food out of package up on a ladder above a tank and got me on a finger. Probably shoulda gotten stitches, I used super glue... worked pretty well!

Lion fish has been twice actually. First was full size, good penetration into a knuckle. Quickly got hand in hot water, still hurt bad like a super bee sting and swelled some. Had a weird little hard spot there for a couple years that eventually went away.

Second time was a dwarf lion that made it into an overflow box that I thought was a different fish and I reached in to get it. This one somehow wasn't nearly as bad. Maybe dwarfs aren't as bad or maybe none of them spots I got stuck were very deep, but it seemed like it got me several times and places. Maybe the hot water I used was hotter and applied faster.