Reef nutrition

Chaeto or GFO? What would you do?

OK, so I think I'm going to try drilling the ATO into a small fuge.

I'll probably just submerge the glass under water in a tub, so there's like 1/4" of water above the surface i'm drilling. Then I'll just need a diamond hole saw right? What if my drill gets wet?

Submerging the entire ATO tank seems cumbersome, especially if you're going to try to drill from both sides. You can make a little rim with tape and a disposable cup, or have an assistant pour or squirt some water where you are working. If you can't drill from both sides tape down the deep side to prevent chipping.

Also, it should be run at low speed, so I doubt your drill will get that wet from any splash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Submerging the entire ATO tank seems cumbersome, especially if you're going to try to drill from both sides. You can make a little rim with tape and a disposable cup, or have an assistant pour or squirt some water where you are working. If you can't drill from both sides tape down the deep side to prevent chipping.

Also, it should be run at low speed, so I doubt your drill will get that wet from any splash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, agreed tub sounds more difficult. I used a red solo cup and painters tape to hold water in and had the hose dribble water in it while I drilled. In addition to what @Gablami said, go slow with very little pressure (if any) at the end so you get a clean cut and don't chip the back side of the cut.

Back