Kessil

Chalice ID?

Just picked up 3 chalices from neptunes. wondering if you guys knew the names to these
image.jpg
image.jpg

So I think I might know the first 2 chalices. The first looks like a my Miami, though the green is normally on the edge where the new growth is. The second one I think might be a bubblegum monster or maaaaaybe a mummy eye chalice. Thoughts?

1st one on left I don't know , 2nd on right looks like a mummy eye in recovery , 3rd I think I've seen it as a pumpkin patch

They're all morphs with similar colors to whatever they might be. Unless you have the lineage tracked back to each of them, then they're just Neptune's version of them.

You guys are not getting the point. If they were not sold as such, you should not just guess at the names based on pictures. There are many chalices that look like a mummy eye, it does not mean it is the mummy eye. This is how coral is being sold/traded with incorrect names.

If some ask for help in identifying a coral we try to help. Look at many sites and you'll find various names for many corals. We as a club are just trying to be helpful

Yes, we're trying to be helpful but at the same time, we're tagging names of these pieces with trade names that originate from back years. While they might look similar to the lineage pieces, they have not been in captivity for the duration or had the test of time (coloration - both initial and matured/settled, hardiness, growth shape, etc.).

An Oregon tort is a blue tort, whereas not all blue torts are Oregon torts. The only point of contention through the years has just been whether or not it's truly a tort, as a species.

Back