Cali Kid Corals

Classroom Voting Request

MolaMola

Supporting Member
I have a classroom reef tank in a science classroom in Pleasant Hill - see link to website in sig below. Last fall I submitted a project to a science + art innovation challenge and it turns out it is one of three finalists at the middle school level. Public voting will determine the winner, who receives $10,000 of materials through DonorsChoose.org. I would use the funds to purchase additional supplies for our hands-on sci program, support our reef tank, and develop a semester-long marine science elective for 7-8 graders.
SO, please consider examining the projects and voting daily at
http://bit.ly/IgnitingSTEAM1
My project: Grades 6-8 - The Art and Science of Color - Sequoia Middle School
You will need to vote for projects in the lower grades, then my level. There's no registration; it seems to recognize something from the device from which you vote.

FUN PART: If you participate, leave a message on this thread with your recommendation of an interesting coral I should consider purchasing and fragging to swap with club members if by some miracle I win. Not sure of spending deadline, but as of now we are not ready for SPS.
Fine print: I may veto your suggestion. : )

Thanks for your consideration.

Done... last night but try to login to vote again and said I already voted. I assumed I will have to do it later on tonight :)

Done!

So I did it on my phone, then my desktop, then my various ipads. Looks like the site probably logs MAC addresses not IPs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Thank you everybody. I really appreciate it. It would be so cool to be able to offer a hands-on marine science class next year. (Okay, it would be a rough summer of planning, but well worth it.) Voting continues daily through FEB 19. (A long time, I know)

Update: If you have been voting for my finalist project "The Art and Science of Color," THANK YOU very much! If not, there is still time to cast a quick vote.
Until this afternoon the voting website incorrectly stated that the voting period was over. IT IS NOT; it closes tonight at midnight. As of last night we were in first place, but most people who tried to vote today thought it was over so we may have lost ground. Please vote via this link (or a previous one):
http://bit.ly/STEAMFinalists
You will need to select a project in the K-2nd grade category, then 3-5th grade, then you'll see my project on the page for 6-8th grade: The Art & Science of Color - Sequoia Middle School, then select for 9-12th grade. There's no registration when you vote and you can use multiple devices.
We could really use the $10,000 in materials through DonorsChoose.org for science activities and my upcoming marine science elective!

Thanks! I would use the funds to purchase additional supplies for our hands-on science program, support our tanks and develop a semester-long marine science elective for 7-8 graders starting in the fall. (Yes, that also means 37 students I can make do tank chores - yay!) I would also need to think of something cool for the whole school because everyone was supporting it.

Back