Clean Up Crew GB

Discussion in 'Group Buys' started by VietNR1, Jun 18, 2009.

1. VietNR1

VietNR1 Guest

Waddup,

Has anybody ever bought anything off of reefscavengers? They seem to have pretty good prices and free shipping on orders over $99. I'm looking to get various snails and hermits. Peppermints are 5.89. Anybody down to split an order?

Viet

2. Elite

Elite Guest

Our sponsors are selling them for pretty good price. Why risk getting these online when you can getting them at a LFS? You don't need that many snails anyway. I have 4 snails in a 40G tank.

3. coolwaters

coolwaters Guest

im going to need some snails soon. if u can get it below $1 for snails im down

4. VietNR1

VietNR1 Guest

i guess i'm just looking for a place to pick up all the different snails and hermits in one place, astrea, nassarius, cerith, turbo, red legged, white leg, blue, etc. They ship 2 day for free (if over $99) so I don't think it's that bad. If any one of our LFS have them all then yea, I'd pick up locally, but I've had a hard time finding all of them.

coolwaters: here are the snail prices

Nassarius Snail $0.79
    Nerite Snail $0.59
    Jumbo Cerith Snail $1.99
    Stocky Cerith Snail $1.19
    Mexican Turbo Snail $3.49
    Fighting Conch $9.99
    Crown Conch $1.89

What kind and how many you looking for?

5. VietNR1

VietNR1 Guest

anybody else?

6. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

astrea are rather useless.

7. Roc

Roc Guest

My other club did a GB through them. They were very nice, however I wasn't thilled with a great deal of my order. I can just tell you that you are buying literly the smallest snails and crabs known to man, so the price difference has a lot to do with that

8. ditto for the astrea snails. Its like a 50/50 chance of survival. I have reduced my inventory on those a lot! I suggest turbos. The Nass. snail I should hope are big ones for that price.

9. A_Lee

A_Lee Guest

Do astrea snails just not ship well? What kind of algae do they eat?

10. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

They are sensitive to being pulled off a surface and can't right themselves. They ship fine but usually are gang bagged in too large of volumes with little clean out time at the holding station.

11. A_Lee

A_Lee Guest

Oh I see, so it is mainly a water quality issue
    thanks!

12. Erick

Erick Guest

I think people don't like Astrea snails, because they fall off the glass and can't right themselves, causing them to die. Which isn't good for your money or them. Other snails like Cerith snails have no problems with that, and they can stir the sand a little because they like to sleep under the sand a little.

13. Gomer

Gomer Honorary Member

I like Astrea...they eventually become food and home donors for my hermits ;)

14. Erick

Erick Guest

Mine did too, I started with 10 and now have 3, with one large hermit.