Clear plastic containers

Discussion in 'Other Reef Talk' started by Flagg37, Mar 16, 2016.

1. Flagg37

Flagg37 Officer at large

What kind of containers work well for the frag swap and where can I get them?

2. jonmos75

jonmos75 Guest

I got mine from Amazon but I think the clubs says that you can get inexpensive deli containers at Smart & Final I believe.

3. xcaret

xcaret Supporting Member

Smart and Final is the place

4. Enderturtle

Enderturtle Volunteer

Smart and Final is my go to place .

image.jpg

I ordered a pack from amazon last year. Was okay but not very clear plastic. This time I bought from Smart and Final. Its close and cheap.

5. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

Smart & Final is convenient when you start complaining about why you don't have any lids left but you have half a package of containers! :D

6. FeliciaLynn

FeliciaLynn Supporting Member

I'm not very close to a Smart and Final so I just order the 16 oz deli containers with lids off Amazon.

7. Vhuang168

Vhuang168 Supporting Member

[​IMG]

@ Smart & Final. Clear cup containers galore!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enderturtle and FeliciaLynn like this.
  8. zeroinverse

zeroinverse Guest

There is one in Oakland downtown, right next to Bart station.

9. coral4me

coral4me Supporting Member

Here's my frag cup setup to keep the frag plugs from rolling around and damaging the corals.
    ( I used 5.5oz cups with 3/4oz cups placed inside and upside down. I drilled some 3/4oz cups with 3/8" holes and some with 1/2" holes depending on the size of the post of the frag plug )

Attached Files:

Vhuang168 likes this.
  10. rygh

rygh Supporting Member

People BUY those cups??
    Seems like I get take-out enough there are always plenty with a bit of recycling.

I have noticed good polyp extension with Curry Chicken in particular.;)

Kmooresf likes this.
  11. coral4me

I definitely clean and reuse my take out container but most of them are larger than I'd like. The smaller cups are more compact and fit better in an insulated case. Three of us are coming together and brings roughly 15 corals each. So you could image that 45 Curry Chicken containers would take up a lot of space.

12. Prisonfood53

Prisonfood53 Guest

Damn y'all cleaned out Smart and Final San Mateo. They don't have any kids left!

Ryan

13. Flagg37

Flagg37 Officer at large

I think you meant lids.

14. coral4me

Bought mine at the Mountain View Smart & Final last night, they have plenty of sizes and lids left

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Prisonfood53 likes this.
  15. Prisonfood53

Prisonfood53 Guest

Haha yes lids thank you. Spell check tried to do it again. I have plenty of kids which I am willing to trade for any ultra coral or 3 bonus corals.

Ryan

Geneva likes this.