Our mission

Clown issue

I just order a pair of high grade black eye onyx clown. I have a 3 inch white bar Maroon in the tank and she get to aggressive with her new mates. What is the best method to catch her?

I've managed to catch my clowns using a clear plastic container and a little food. Put the clear container in the water, squirt some food in and wait for them to go in the container before you slowly lift it out of the water. I've also used my hand and managed to get them before.

I've also had luck with a clear plastic cup. Left it clipped to the top inside of the tank for a few days. Sprinkled stone food into it and waited for the fish to go in after the food.

Thank you all. So the first key step is let them hungry. My new clownfish still in the container. I'm still trying to catch him with a clear container when light out and when he sleep in his favorite nem. If I cannot get her tonight. I will get the trap from Mark tomorrow.

Goal to keep them all, but maroon to aggressive so he will be out. I will either DBTC /trade with BTA or move him to the sump. But let try to catch her out first.

Back