Kessil

Clownfish Asleep--Against Powerhead

99sf

My coworker noticed that my healthy, energetic juvenile percula clownfish seemed to be dead, lying motionless against the side of the Koralia 1 powerhead this morning. We were very saddened, until I moved close to the tank & the fish woke up, swimming away! Do any other BAR members have fish that enjoy sleeping against powerheads?

My blenny loved to sleep stuck to my canister filter intake grate. He would just let the suction hold him in place while he slept. Then he started perching on the suction cup that held the intake. He would also swim into the vortech pump when it was off. I miss that blenny.

My now 8 year old clownfish used to sleep on top of a MicroJet. It was his favorite spot until a ricordea grew big enough to be a "preferred spot"

99sf said:
My coworker noticed that my healthy, energetic juvenile percula clownfish seemed to be dead, lying motionless against the side of the Koralia 1 powerhead this morning. We were very saddened, until I moved close to the tank & the fish woke up, swimming away! Do any other BAR members have fish that enjoy sleeping against powerheads?

99sf,
What ever came of the Clownfish? I've recently had the same thing happening. Little worried, and you're the only other post I can find that has had this happen.

Back