Kessil

Clownfish internal parasites or eggs?

So my g/f clownfish has been bloated around the abdomen area for more than a month. She has also been pooping white stringy poop. From my understanding that is signs of internal parasites but the clownfish herself isn't acting strange in any way really. From what I read you should mix metroplex with food to cure this problem? My only worry is if the fish doesn't have internal parasites is this going to hurt the fish or anything of the corals/anenome in the tank? Also is there any better solutions other than mextroplex? Or is she just not sick at all just has eggs. The clown has been like this I want to say for almost 2 months but isn't acting strange is eating no problems. What should I do?

I would try using Seachem Metroplex and Focus to bind it to the food.

What I do is I'll add the food, then metroplex into a container. Then I'll add in seachem focus to bind it to the food. Mix it all up. I'll sometimes even add garlicguard.

The focus will bind the metroplex to the food so it'll be digested, rather than floating around in the water column.

I would try using Seachem Metroplex and Focus to bind it to the food.

What I do is I'll add the food, then metroplex into a container. Then I'll add in seachem focus to bind it to the food. Mix it all up. I'll sometimes even add garlicguard.

The focus will bind the metroplex to the food so it'll be digested, rather than floating around in the water column.

Got it. We have metroplex and just ordered the Focus and Garlicguard. The male clownfish doesn't show any of the symptoms that the female is showing. Is it okay if he consumes the medicated food? Will the medicated food harm him in any way?

Got it. We have metroplex and just ordered the Focus and Garlicguard. The male clownfish doesn't show any of the symptoms that the female is showing. Is it okay if he consumes the medicated food? Will the medicated food harm him in any way?

The male should be treated as well. Treating the fish wont harm them at all.

I usually do this in the QT process with new fish anyway, even if they are not symptomatic. It is pretty safe to ingest even if not sick it seems.

Back