High Tide Aquatics

Clownucopia's 29 Gal. Biocube

I have a 40 gal long coral tank that just crashed and I wanted to change to another tank. The new tank is a biocube 29. In the back I am made a media shelf and have a Hydor slim skim for the middle chamber. My heater and uv sterilizer are in the last chamber. Yesterday I added a Fiji devil Damsel to ensure that the tank has cycled after my readings were zero for phosphates and nitrates. The damsel is doing great in his new home, but lonely and dark.

This leads to my great debate: Rapid LED or Kessil A150? Both are about the same price coming in at about $250. What do you all recommend.

My tank is running beautifully. I have finally got pictures for all of you. There is the green stripped mushroom, birdsnest and green star polyp from the reef swap. Thank you everyone. I have a new led light arriving next week and I have a hydor slim skim that will be going in the back. I hope to start DBTC soon.

In the back chamber I built my own media shelf out of acrylic.

Livestock:
2 blue Damsels (most are aggressive but these two have been great neighbors in my tank)
1 Sleeperheaded Goby
1 Scopas Tang

Coral:
1 medium head of Torch Coral
1 medium Pagoda
1 frag birds nest
1 frag green monitipora
1 frag of green star polyp
1 mushroom green stripped

Attached files /attachments/sites/default/files/IMAG0498.jpg /attachments/sites/default/files/IMAG0512.jpg /attachments/sites/default/files/IMAG0573.jpg /attachments/sites/default/files/IMAG0576.jpg /attachments/sites/default/files/IMAG0593.jpg /attachments/sites/default/files/IMAG0593_0.jpg /attachments/sites/default/files/IMAG0595.jpg

I have a tang and rabbit fish in my 37 gallon. I got them when they were size of a quarter. When they get large they will be donated here in BAR. OP a Kessil will look nice there, 1 is all you need I bet as I'm running a 250 on mines. LMK if you want Z's and Ps I can give ya some.

Thank you Charles. I was planning on growing my scopas for a month or two before passing him on to another reefer. He was mislabled at pet club in San Jose. Couldnt pass him up when he was only $10. As of now he looks happy in the tank, but he will certainly out grow the tank in the near future. I have a light on its way and will email you when my tank is stable under the new lights so I can get a nice Z and P garden. Thank you again.

Back