Club wants and needs

Discussion in 'General Club Business' started by Gorm, Nov 12, 2005.

1. Gorm

Gorm Guest

Anyway to get a known list of club wants or needs. I.E. GFCI cords for projects like today, x cords, buckets, paper, pens, etc. anything that one might come across in daily life that would find a good home with the club.

2. Thales

Thales Past President

Post them here!

You are dead on about the GFCI cords for 'wet' projects.

Apon is in charge of supplies, so I am sure he will post here.

BTW, thank for all your input! It is very helpful!

3. Apon

Apon Volunteer

I believe we have only about 2 packs of soda left. People have asked for bottled water and name tags, so I will be picking those up for next meeting. I didn't get a chance to take a full inventory of wht the club has or needs. Please make suggestions here.

4. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

Coke, Root Beer, Diet Coke, Sprite, and bottled water. I'm sure we have name tags in the box, you didn't see any?

5. Apon

Apon Volunteer

I didn't see them or the flash lights that were supposed to be there, but I didn't check all the cabinets.

Also wasn't there talk about creating a club library? Maybe we could setup a bookself and label books withowner names for people to use. I know there would need to be a check out process, but I guess I can help with that. What do you think?

6. Thales

Thales Past President

I thought the flash lights were in a box or bucket at ASAP, but well check at the December meeting.

From talking to other clubs about Library's the consensus is that they are more trouble than they are worth. Getting the books back, enforcing the replacement of lost books, keeping track of who has them, storing them, keeping current books are all issues. Also, there is the idea that owning the book is better than borrowing it from the club because you need i when you need it, not when you happen to have it. A library would also take a person dedicated to administering it. I am not opposed to establishing a library, just cautious. :D