Neptune Aquatics

Cobalt MJ vs Marineland Max-Jet ?? Same pump?

OK, back in the day "Maxi-Jet" meant "Maxi-Jet". Whats the difference between the "Cobalt MJ-1200" and a "Marineland Maxi-Jet 1200?"

I must have missed some corporate spin off thing or something?

V

My understanding is that the Cobalts are better made. Same form factor, but more quality and reliability. I don't know how true that is, but I'd rather pay more for higher quality.

Different companies selling the same product, not sure if the company went belly up, or what but yeah. Same thing essentially, stick with the company you feel is better.

Take this with a grain of salt because I have never verified it, but apparently Cobalt sells the maxijets that are manufactured out of the same Italian plant as the original maxi jet. The marineland maxijet is made in China.

Take this with a grain of salt because I have never verified it, but apparently Cobalt sells the maxijets that are manufactured out of the same Italian plant as the original maxi jet. The marineland maxijet is made in China.

I did a bit more research and came up with the same conclusion. And people say the Marineland MJ Pros are loud and less reliable.

V

Yes the Marinelands are louder but I have two of those and they are still running.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I heard a similar backstory... it has become somewhat of a legend now. But whatever the story is, the conclusion is cobalt MJs > marineland maxijets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back