High Tide Aquatics

Cold water tank.

I never said anything bout the roses though?? :) Dinner still on?

too funny! I paid for them, a close friend on mine has been mounting rockfish for 30 yrs. So I paid a discounted price. All of those are skin mounts of fish I caught. The Copper is .3oz off the IFGA all tackle record. I caught him in Shelter Cove. The Reds and others I took off my boat when I had one at the Farallons and North of Timber Cove. Rockfish are kinda my thing, atleast I like to think so :) Logged alot of time on the water hunting holes of the past 8yrs I've been fishing in CA.

But it's now looking like I'll have to get my commercial license and go out with some buddies to get record fish again. The Enviros have taken so much of our coast away from us, all based on bogus data. Those guys don't dive out here, they have no idea whats down there. I've seen those fish with my own eyes diving and caught them. Yeah we need good smart regulations, to preserve them. But they need to have their facts straight and learn how to manage a fishery... oh dont get me started :) If DFG have half the knowledge of the people on this site we'd all be better off.

Anyway... I thought once upon a time of getting a coldwater tank. Gotta take extra care in setting it up with livestock..... FYI another great law, no size restriction on most rockfish, BUT your technically not allowed to transport them alive, unless you have a live harvest license. And that is different from a regular commercial rockfish license. Anyway we can chat offline about it when your ready. Lets do some fishing this July! Or whenever the sport season opens. Gresham if you like to fish too, lets get a group out for Rockies, maybe out of Bragg for some big ones if DFG hasnt shut that coast down yet.

I think the Farallons are off limits now, which sucks. That was a awesome place to visit and fish.

I'm super jealous of them... rockfish/groundfish are dear to my heart as well :D

Salt Point was just made a MPA :( I just lost a few favorite spots darn it!!!

I do have to say as some one that has fished Cali since the 70's that we definitely have far fewer groundfish around now. The long lining really hurt the population in a real bad way.

We def. should drop some line this summer. I like spearing them as well so maybe get wet?

sounds awesome, never speared them.. seems to be my natural progression though :) Most of my fish came from the islands & north of salt point :( But you know with as silly as those new lines are you have no way or really knowing actually where you are when there is nothing on the chartplotter and only line of site verses the crude out of scale maps they put out. I know several guys that are just gonna fish and if they get busted so be it, just pay the ticket and go.

Not really given the amount of agents they have up there all ready for Ab season. Trust me, a TON of fines and jail time will be levied.

Back