Cali Kid Corals

Confirmed - Monterey Bay Aquarium Tour - Sat June 16th 1:30pm for tour - pics added

FYI - Toddlers under 3 will need to be carried - no room for strollers on the tour. Must not touch items and can't more around freely in back areas.

Do toddlers count as part of the 15 people headcount? If so, we can just send Matt on the tour, so we don't take 3 spots.

So its June now and this is my current confirmed responses from everyone. For those that were on the list but never got back to me a confirmation you will moved to the end of the wait list.

FYI - I made a separate post if anyone is planning on donating coral to them as well.

Update 6-01 ( If anyone wants to meet up there early or for lunch LMK) I guess no one really needed carpool? Eric did you want to go down with me?

Real Name / BAR handle/Location if you are open for carpooling - How many for Tour
1. Arnold Pon / Apon / Maybe from SF (Not sure yet) - 1 for tour Confirmed
2. Randy Chan / RandyC / No / (1 for tour Confirmed)
3. Jon Mosbacher / jonmos75 / No / (2 for tour) (Confirmed)
4. John / JVU / open to carpool but don’t need to (from Walnut Creek) (1, Confirmed)
5. Matt Yeow/Mozby/Union City (1, Confirmed)
6. Mike/SFSUphysics/No/(2 adults + toddler Confirmed)
7. Asia & Matt / Ashalye & Coral4me / No / (1 adult Confirmed)
8. Mark Bissell & Peter Bissell / Daddio & Peter B./Redwood City 2 adults Confirmed)
9. Henry Luu / henergizer / No / 2 (Confirmed)
10. Eric Do / Ibn / Campbell, open to carpool / 1 Confirmed

That is 15 heads above. Please let me know if you can't come so I can replace your RSVP. The wait list are for folks who may drop and fill in. ( you are still more than welcome to come down and hang out with us if you wish.

Waitlist

11. Liz and Robert / chromis / no (2 adults + 2 kids) **** will still come even if no room on tour.
12. Nelson Chuang/NelsonCh/ no / 2 Confirmed)
13. Coral reefer
14. jorahx /1 people
15. To many Hobbies 1 person
16. Bruce Spiegelman/Bruce Spiegelman/No. 2
17. Dennio / dpc goes west / no / 2 adults

Last edited:
So its June now and this is my current confirmed responses from everyone. For those that were on the list but never got back to me a confirmation you will moved to the end of the wait list.

FYI - I made a separate post if anyone is planning on donating coral to them as well.

Update 6-01 ( If anyone wants to meet up there early or for lunch LMK) I guess no one really needed carpool? Eric did you want to go down with me?

Real Name / BAR handle/Location if you are open for carpooling - How many for Tour
4. John / JVU / open to carpool but don’t need to (from Walnut Creek) (1, Confirmed)
8. Mark Bissell & Peter Bissell / Daddio & Peter B./Redwood City 2 adults Confirmed)
9. Henry Luu / henergizer / No / 2 (Confirmed)

That is 15 heads above. Please let me know if you can't come so I can replace your RSVP. The wait list are for folks who may drop and fill in. ( you are still more than welcome to come down and hang out with us if you wish.

Waitlist

11. Liz and Robert / chromis / no (2 adults + 2 kids) **** will still come even if no room on tour.
12. Nelson Chuang/NelsonCh/ no / 2 Confirmed)
13. Coral reefer
14. jorahx /2 people
15. To many Hobbies 1 person
16. Bruce Spiegelman/Bruce Spiegelman/No. 2
17. Dennio / dpc goes west / no / 2 adults

Still says 2 people for me. I only wanted 1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arnold, unfortunately I will not be able to attend this event anymore.

Hopefully there will be a next time.

Thank you so much for organizing this event!

Arnold, unfortunately I will not be able to attend this event anymore.

Hopefully there will be a next time.

Thank you so much for organizing this event!

Ok Thanks for letting me know.
(Liz and Robert / chromis / no (2 adults + 2 kids) **** will still come even if no room on tour.)
Next up is Liz - I have 2 spots Liz, but I know you have 4 - do you want any of the spot on Tour? maybe 1 for yourself? Also you can pass on your guest passes on. Matt is getting me in. Please let me know asap.

Correction - I heard back from Chromis - so she would need 4 open spots, so 2 won't help. That means Nelson party of 2 is in.

Coral Reefer (Mike) you have not confirm how many if you come? Otherwise I will move Jorahx up to your spot.

9.Nelson Chuang/NelsonCh/ no / 2 Confirmed)

Waitlist

12. Coral reefer ( how many Mike?)
13. jorahx /1 people
14. To many Hobbies 1 person
15. Bruce Spiegelman/Bruce Spiegelman/No. 2
16. Dennio / dpc goes west / no / 2 adults

Last edited:
Hate to bail on this because I really, really want to go, but unfortunately I must. Thanks for organizing this Arnold. Hope it can happen again in the future.

Ok Update
2. jorahx (1 for tour Confirmed)
9. Nelson Chuang/NelsonCh/ no / 2 Confirmed)

Waitlist (for Tour)

12. To many Hobbies 1 person confirmed
13. Bruce Spiegelman/Bruce Spiegelman/No. 2 (No confirmation?)
14. Dennio / dpc goes west / no / 2 adults (No confirmation?)

From Matt -
Let’s meet underneath the big Orca models in the main lobby of the building at 1:25 pm. I need you to let people know that we will be leaving at 1:30 pm sharp; we will have a pretty tight schedule and I need to get work done after I’m finished with the tour. We will be seeing the top of our kelp forest tank, our coral holding area, and then heading over to see the Drifters service area and jelly culture lab, as well as the top view of the big Open Sea tank. I would highly recommend people arrive early before the long lines start to enjoy the aquarium at their leisure. Also helpful to buy your tickets in advance online!

From Arnold -
If you want to meet for Lunch or Breakfast before hand let me know -You can PM your cell number to me if you want me to have it. for Saturday. Or if you want mine. As Matt said we will be starting the tour sharply. I plan to be down there around 9-10am or so - but it seems no one needs carpool?

JVU - I can can pool but I am coming from SF not sure if we can meet anywhere.

please send me any questions and hopefully you all will still show up? I think I have met most of you, but if you can't come please lmk me know as we have a few others on waitlist.

Is there usually traffic driving there on a Sunday? Google tells me 2-2:40 to get there (from SF) just wondering how much "just in case" time there, also finding parking. It's been so long since I've been that I don't remember.

ok guys if you haven't pm or talked to me this week yet, please just let me know you are still coming and what time you plan to get there.

ok guys if you haven't pm or talked to me this week yet, please just let me know you are still coming and what time you plan to get there.

I’m coming. I’ll be there early. So I can view rest of aquarium before tour begins.

Sent PM and also responding here that I am still coming to the tour. :)

Back