Jestersix

Controller questions (and new club meets old club!)

kvosstra

Supporting Member
Thought this was neat...I go to the club page for Delaware valley Reef club (Yep, I now live in the Delaware valley, and we've only had a few days above freezing in the past month, and there is still 6-10 inches of snow on the ground, and has been for the past 4+ weeks), well, I notice in the group buy section that they are doing a buy on the Reef Angel! Awesome!

...so...with the new tank about to go up, the question I present now, is whether I should scrap my old ACIII Pro, and go with a Reef Angel? For the old Neptune Pro, I need a new pH probe, and at least 2 or 3 of the outlets on my DC8 no longer switch, but the DC4HD still works fine.

As always, I value your opinions, so opine away.

Thanks Roberto! I put in a good word for you! Seems like I need to dig up some of the posts on your product, and make an educated decision....

Have others swapped out an older Neptune for a Reef Angel?

Reef Angel is running my lights and it looks like Roberto gave me enough instructions so I can adjust the % and duration in the language part of the controller. I am currently using four outlets, and could see how eight might not be enough on a much larger system. Eight is going to be perfect for me. Now I want my house lights on a controller.

Roberto, can two outlet boxes be run by one control unit?

yardartist said:
Reef Angel is running my lights and it looks like Roberto gave me enough instructions so I can adjust the % and duration in the language part of the controller. I am currently using four outlets, and could see how eight might not be enough on a much larger system. Eight is going to be perfect for me. Now I want my house lights on a controller.

Roberto, can two outlet boxes be run by one control unit?

Ahh you haven't been follwing Reef Builders or his website. He recently released the expansion model :)

http://reefangel.com/Products.Relay-Expansion-Module.ashx

Products_RelayExpansion.jpg

Do you need more than just eight sockets?

This relay expansion module allows you to expand your system with other relay boxes.

Up to 8 relay expansion modules can be connected simultaneously, for a total of 72 individually controlled sockets.

and for a limited time:

Products_ExpansionandBox.jpg

Relay Expansion Module + Relay Box - US$89
Special Introductory Price - For limited time
Back-order (3 week lead-time)

i love mine and now that my computer geek father is involved he is working on a few new tricks for the controller

he says this thing is most fun he has had programming in awhile and he said the skys the limit, he wants to control his xmas lights with it,LOL

Too funny... he's right though, its so wide open.

I have ideas for some many different uses :)

Back