got ethical husbandry?

cool fish store find

image0.png

picked up this toadstool that has a neon green base at a random store in san bruno.

natural life aquarium or something, never heard of them till my friend took me there over the weekend
Ah ok, yeah that place is in south san francisco. went their once when I needed a few snails, someone warned me the owner was very grumpy but I dunno he seemed fine to me

Well, to be fair, the Japanese toadstool that I have is solid green throughout. Definitely not dyed. Mine came from a friend in SoCal.

In his frag tank under his lights.
jPdbD1y.jpg

In my white lights.
2018_09_12_japanese_toadstool.jpg

natural life aquarium or something, never heard of them till my friend took me there over the weekend
I went there once and the owner was grumpy. He was more interested in smoking outside talking to a friend then helping me. Also his frag tanks are overgrown with brown Palys and algae. You can’t even see the specimen you want to buy

yep thats the one
I honestly wouldn’t buy from that place because of the customer service. They did have decent prices on frags I couldn’t see such as $50 for some nice sized utter chaos. But that place has too much algae and brown Palys I would buy from there.

I honestly wouldn’t buy from that place because of the customer service. They did have decent prices on frags I couldn’t see such as $50 for some nice sized utter chaos. But that place has too much algae and brown Palys I would buy from there.
yeah I picked this up because its pretty rare and was 50, vs 100+ that I see on reef2reef

Back