Coral bleaching from underneath

Discussion in 'Coral' started by enaldy, Oct 22, 2017.

  1. enaldy

    enaldy Supporting Member

    Just got back from weekend in Sacramento to a weird thing... some sps bleached in the weekend.. and one of them is bleaching from u underneath..

    Salt is a little high, but everything else seams to be normal... any ideas?

    [​IMG][​IMG]

    Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
     
  2. Coral reefer

    Coral reefer President

    Not Getting light underneath?
     
  3. enaldy

    enaldy Supporting Member

    Don't think so, it's in my frag biocube, and the led has a good spread on it.. many sps bleached and this one is half way.. testing water now, was talking to @deathbysnusnu and he made a good point.. my tank was very low on the water legal, maybe the alk is too high, the salinity was pretty high.. so I will be testing for it now..

    Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
     
  4. enaldy

    enaldy Supporting Member

    Ok.. some results:
    Ph about 8.8!!
    Nitrite .6ish
    Alk 9
    Salinity 1.028

    Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
     
  5. ashburn2k

    ashburn2k Supporting Member

    Dang that ph... how did you get it that high? Plugged an oxygen tank?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
     
    enaldy likes this.
  6. Mark B

    Mark B Supporting Member

    Are there nutrients in your tank? Shouldn't nitrite be zero?
     
    enaldy likes this.
  7. Bruce Spiegelman

    Bruce Spiegelman Supporting Member

    Looks like STN. If it was mine I'd cut the dead tissue parts off and then dip it.
     
    enaldy likes this.
  8. DEATH BY SNU SNU

    DEATH BY SNU SNU Supporting Member

    is that bacterial or viral infection?
     
  9. enaldy

    enaldy Supporting Member

    I don't know lol... it was fine friday.. Just got home and chaos was in place!!

    Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
     
  10. enaldy

    enaldy Supporting Member

    Yes.. Just did a water change and will test tomorrow again.

    Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
     
  11. enaldy

    enaldy Supporting Member

    Got it.. will do it asap

    Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
     
  12. Mark B

    Mark B Supporting Member

    What are you feeding
     
  13. Bruce Spiegelman

    Bruce Spiegelman Supporting Member

    No one knows for sure. Most believe it's a bacterial infection which is why a few things can be observed. 1) Removing the dead parts sometimes stops it. 2) Dipping can in some cases help, and 3) some people have observed if left untreated it can move to other SPS.

    However, no one knows for sure as a lot of factors are in play.
     
    enaldy likes this.
  14. enaldy

    enaldy Supporting Member

    Mysis and pellets (alternating the days, not together)...

    Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
     

Share This Page